Recent Diablo IV gameplay and beta release has been the target of negative reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Hours ago Diablo's own official YouTube channel shared nearly 10 minutes of Diablo IV gameplay with gamers as they talked about the game and much more. However, it seems that the result presented in the video did not like the players very much, who are criticizing the gameplay a lot, and many claim that the game no longer looks like what was presented before:

Weird, this video makes it look more like D3 than any other video I've seen." - 1.4k likes.

"This looks different than any gameplay we've seen before. I know it's console, but still. I think the PC look and graphics were better in my opinion." - 425 likes.

"This presentation really made the game look like it was designed for a mobile platform. I'm not sure why, but this game feels very arcadey." - 267 likes.

"It feels like a game that would have been released 15 years ago." - 85 likes.

"That video killed my excitement more than it fueled it." - with 850 likes.

"Until now, I had no concerns about the artistic design direction. Now I'm concerned about my PS5 purchase, because these graphics look like nothing that's been shown before. I know not everything can be dark, but there are a difference between color and cartoon." - 439 likes.

"Diablo 3 remaster looks great guys. I can't wait for the real D4 video." - 224 likes.

Also, the Early Beta has already been unlocked with tons of peformance and server issues:

Iu8lSr6Bfkv4Pr0VuxzsIpavujYuzAL80kKUuG_0BV0.jpg

me9ao6mzw4oa1.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
trying beta now. manage to do 35min :D

but picture is wash out and colors aren't right also. something really wrong with it.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
trying beta now. manage to do 35min :D

but picture is wash out and colors aren't right also. something really wrong with it.
Played for about 30 mins, and reached level 5, and gameplay felt solid, some interface options need to be moved around for me as i am used to diablo 2s,

Killed the first mini-boss, simple nice fight, with good mechanics, the fireball spell feels really good and the dot it burns on mobs feels excellent, it will be the same for poison and bleeds i should imagine.

The server then went down and now i am looking at a 2 hour wait to log in,

Fuck you blizzard, so typical, they never ever learn.

As discussed with @Gediminas, the graphics do look very washed out.

Opening cut scene is a thing of Beauty.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Played for about 30 mins, and reached level 5, and gameplay felt solid, some interface options need to be moved around for me as i am used to diablo 2s,

Killed the first mini-boss, simple nice fight, with good mechanics, the fireball spell feels really good and the dot it burns on mobs feels excellent, it will be the same for poison and bleeds i should imagine.

The server then went down and now i am looking at a 2 hour wait to log in,

Fuck you blizzard, so typical, they never ever learn.

As discussed with @Gediminas, the graphics do look very washed out.

Opening cut scene is a thing of Beauty.
i played like 5 min tops, because checked all settings, watched cinematics and scanned all map till first town, just manage to reach that first town :D 35min passed.
so you fast to play. you can check my video :D uploaded already :D

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i played like 5 min tops, because checked all settings, watched cinematics and scanned all map till first town, just manage to reach that first town :D 35min passed.
so you fast to play. you can check my video :D uploaded already :D
link it here so others can see dammit :love:

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
OP has reported that this information is not accurate and only reflecting a percentage of players, rendering the discussion fruitless for the most part.

Locking thread as per the request of @John Elden Ring.

Reactions: John Elden Ring
Status
Not open for further replies.