Red Dead Redemption PlayStation Store page updated with unannounced PC version description

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

A PC version of the original Red Dead Redemption may be on the way, judging by an update to the PlayStation Store page for the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

In what appears to be a blunder by Rockstar Games, the PlayStation Store page for Red Dead Redemption was recently updated with the description for an unannounced PC version.

The updated description reads:

Experience the epic western adventures that defined a generation—now on PC for the first time ever.

When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is forced to hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends...
Prior to the update, the description read:

When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is forced to hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends...

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Red Dead Redemption PC version teased on...PSN "Experience the epic western adventures that defined a generation — now on PC for the first time ever.""Featuring the complete single-player experiences of both games, including bonus content from the Game of the Year Edition, Red Dead Redemption features all of the 2023 console version upgrades plus PC specific enhancements including support for increased resolutions and framerates, multiple displays, and other accessories, plus spatial surround sound.*"

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas and Umar

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I'm not a big cowboy person nor into Rockstar games, but I have a soft spot for ps3/360 era games in HD 60fps. They tend to look really nice in high resolution and they're old enough that things like hair and grass don't look weird with aliasing.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm not a big cowboy person nor into Rockstar games, but I have a soft spot for ps3/360 era games in HD 60fps. They tend to look really nice in high resolution and they're old enough that things like hair and grass don't look weird with aliasing.
Never played it, if it's on Steam I'll probably give it a try
I just beat it last month on ps5 with the 60fps patch, game is mid and very overrated. Even for PS3 standards it's nowhere near as good as something like Infamous or Uncharted. Don't understand the hype at all

• sad
Reactions: TrishaCat

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I just beat it last month on ps5 with the 60fps patch, game is mid and very overrated. Even for PS3 standards it's nowhere near as good as something like Infamous or Uncharted. Don't understand the hype at all

Damn, I assumed it was 30 fps on ps5, I might as well play it there then, thanks.

Reactions: JAHGamer

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
So youre saying if I don't like Rockstars other stuff this isn't gonna wow me either?
;_;

Is undead nightmare at least worth it for the comedy factor?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Damn, I assumed it was 30 fps on ps5, I might as well play it there then, thanks.
it was 30fps at launch and then it got a 60fps patch for ps5 after a week, pretty stupid. I wish it was there day 1 and was on the disc.

So youre saying if I don't like Rockstars other stuff this isn't gonna wow me either?
;_;

Is undead nightmare at least worth it for the comedy factor
I like GTA games and didn't really like rdr1, so I'd say probably not. But you never know, you can try it on PC right now with the Switch emulator and it works well. But the first 5 hours are straight filler, chasing around cows and horses... And then the real game starts and if you don't like it after an hour, you won't like the game. Because its the exact same loop for another 15 hours and you interact with the same few NPCs for the entire game and get bossed around. It's not repetitive in a good way like GTA either.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
;_;

Is undead nightmare at least worth it for the comedy factor?
Im not the biggest fan of all the GTA’s outside of GTA4. But love RDR.
If you hate the mission structure and level designs of GTA then yeah you probably wont like RDR.

If you think you’d like a Cowboy open world with a good story. Then you might like it.