Redfall: Crossplay confirmed between Xbox + PC Game Pass + Steam + Epic Game Store

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

it's a pity this game is not available on ps5, I would of loved to hunt down @Exanthus and @peter42O and defang them.

big brother lol GIF by Global TV

P

peter42O

it's a pity this game is not available on ps5, I would of loved to hunt down @Exanthus and @peter42O and defang them.

Even if it was on PS5, I play solo so you still wouldn't be able to hunt me down. lol

It's cool that the game has cross-play on four platforms for those who'll be playing co-op.

Reactions: Sircaw
24 Jun 2022
Given what's been shown of the game, it'll need all the help it can get.

People should be hoping this is opt-in/opt-out, and that the leaderboards are both unified and per-platform. Hacking and cheaters on the PC side can definitely deter the online, it's happened with Forza Horizon 5 as an example. MS and Arkane should have some countermeasures to enforce in nullifying that problem.

If they don't, the game will be dead within weeks, and that's assuming the final release is enough a bump over what's been shown before to make for a more compelling offering.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
One major platform missing.... Phil said they didn't take anything away from the PS fanbase but the absence of PlayStation is clearly evident.

Anyway, I hope it does well and people enjoy it. Doesn't look like my type of thing though.

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
Given what's been shown of the game, it'll need all the help it can get.

People should be hoping this is opt-in/opt-out, and that the leaderboards are both unified and per-platform. Hacking and cheaters on the PC side can definitely deter the online, it's happened with Forza Horizon 5 as an example. MS and Arkane should have some countermeasures to enforce in nullifying that problem.

If they don't, the game will be dead within weeks, and that's assuming the final release is enough a bump over what's been shown before to make for a more compelling offering.
This is mostly a pve game so i dont see how cheaters would be a big problem?

D

Deleted member 417

Exclusive to Xbox*

*Also available on Steam, EGS and Now lol

Remember how many platforms there are when the shills start with the number warz. "See! Microsoft does make exclusives that people love! 3 million people have played it! only 500,000 on xbox though"

24 Jun 2022
One major platform missing.... Phil said they didn't take anything away from the PS fanbase but the absence of PlayStation is clearly evident.

Anyway, I hope it does well and people enjoy it. Doesn't look like my type of thing though.

TBH given other games coming to PlayStation before & after May, and there's no slim pickings for horror-themed games on the platform (plus isn't there a Vampire: The Masquerades-based 4-player shooter already out?), I don't think there'd be much a go for the PlayStation audience, especially if the final game is lukewarm like the more recent footage has been (IMO).

Also think Sony were aware of the game enough back when they got Deathloop & Ghostwire Tokyo exclusivity deals that if they were impressed enough with RedFall, they'd probably had tried similar. Sometimes I even doubt the rumors they were attempting to get Starfield; it was known before Deathloop & Ghostwire publicly, so Sony would've known of it even before those games. If they got timed exclusivity on Deathloop & Ghostwire, why wouldn't they have done so for Starfield ahead of those unless they never planned for timed exclusivity (but maybe settle for marketing rights instead)?

But I do hope the game finds its audience; it'll have a large enough base across those four platforms to do so, theoretically.

This is mostly a pve game so i dont see how cheaters would be a big problem?

Hackers & cheaters could load out their characters to be way over-levelled compared to players on console, and create a lopsided co-op experience. You still need some degree of skill balance so the group feels like they're discovering new things together.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75