Redfall with 3 concurrent players on Steam is still selling DLC packs

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
960x0.png

Redfall now has anywhere from a low of 3 to a peak of 38 players playing the game on Steam at any given time. No, no zeroes are missing there. Three players. And it´s still selling MTX packs.

While we don’t know how the game is performing on Xbox or Game Pass specifically, it’s certainly not in the top 50 most played games on the service. It’s also not just a “hey look, game bad” situation because of what Bethesda and Microsoft have promised about the game, meaning there are deeper problems at play here.

As recently as September, Pete Hines talked about how they weren’t giving up on Redfall because long term, it will always be on Game Pass even if it launched poorly:

960x0.jpg

We’re going to get it to be a good game because we know, as a first-party studio, Game Pass lives forever. There will be people ten years from now who are going to join Game Pass, and Redfall will be there.

We are the same company that has had launches that didn’t go the way we wanted, and we don’t quit or abandon stuff just because it didn’t start right.

But Arkane’s Redfall has been all but abandoned. Its last update was in June 2023, a month after its release, and there has been nothing of substance added in the four months since. And no, that 60 fps update, which seemed like it was coming soon after launch, apparently never happened either.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
960x0.png

Redfall now has anywhere from a low of 3 to a peak of 38 players playing the game on Steam at any given time. No, no zeroes are missing there. Three players. And it´s still selling MTX packs.

While we don’t know how the game is performing on Xbox or Game Pass specifically, it’s certainly not in the top 50 most played games on the service. It’s also not just a “hey look, game bad” situation because of what Bethesda and Microsoft have promised about the game, meaning there are deeper problems at play here.

As recently as September, Pete Hines talked about how they weren’t giving up on Redfall because long term, it will always be on Game Pass even if it launched poorly:

960x0.jpg

But Arkane’s Redfall has been all but abandoned. Its last update was in June 2023, a month after its release, and there has been nothing of substance added in the four months since. And no, that 60 fps update, which seemed like it was coming soon after launch, apparently never happened either.
😂😂 Epic failure and that's good for them releasing a turd just to fluff up gamepass.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yea I don’t get how they’re selling planned dlc without the dev bandwidth to even develop the content.

It’s kinda scammy. Hope to see lawsuits for shit like this. There’s some idiot out there that bought the deluxe edition full price instead of playing it for 5 mins on welfare pass.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I have just wondered how accurate these sites like steamcharts are. They tell you people play this game or that game but they Get a wrench thrown into them with stuff like the dlc sales still happening. I just don’t trust it tbh.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I have just wondered how accurate these sites like steamcharts are. They tell you people play this game or that game but they Get a wrench thrown into them with stuff like the dlc sales still happening. I just don’t trust it tbh.

Steamcharts is very accurate because they use Steam API.

But anything Xbox related cant be measured.