Remedy Entertainment: "Our sympathies to Insomniac Games and all the affected team members and Game industry condemns hack.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
These companies make these leaks seem way more important than they are. That is what they get for being so secretive as if they were working on some secret military tech.

Meanwhile we had a game like BG3 developed with an early access for multiple years before releasing.

GTA6 had a massive leak and broke all records once revealed (even the reveal leaked lmao). Elden Ring leaked far in advance if I'm not mistaken as well.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully they can turn the gaming leak into a positive. It's bringing even more eyes and attention to Insomniac. It didn't hurt Rockstar with GTA6 and everything is out about it too.

The personal stuff is just awful tho 😕

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I've never seen a leak hurt a project. Half Life 2 had its source code leaked, and it basically had no impact. The thing that's new and semi-alarming to me is the ransom element. Doing hacks for a payday rather than for the lulz is bottom feeder behavior.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
These companies make these leaks seem way more important than they are. That is what they get for being so secretive as if they were working on some secret military tech.

Meanwhile we had a game like BG3 developed with an early access for multiple years before releasing.

GTA6 had a massive leak and broke all records once revealed (even the reveal leaked lmao). Elden Ring leaked far in advance if I'm not mistaken as well.
I understand both sides but unless you’re a dev I don’t see the need to pour out support as if someone died or a project was canceled due to a leak.

People in games media always use these opportunities to gobble up the penor of devs as if they care about or need the support. This leak will be forgotten soon.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I understand both sides but unless you’re a dev I don’t see the need to pour out support as if someone died or a project was canceled due to a leak.

People in games media always use these opportunities to gobble up the penor of devs as if they care about or need the support. This leak will be forgotten soon.
Not to mention the irony that these same companies are constantly collecting, sharing and leaking player data.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeah well, all those superhero games just don’t blow my hair back. Maybe this will push forward new ip.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I've never seen a leak hurt a project. Half Life 2 had its source code leaked, and it basically had no impact. The thing that's new and semi-alarming to me is the ransom element. Doing hacks for a payday rather than for the lulz is bottom feeder behavior.
Ransoms aren't new at all. We learned about them in college like 15 years ago and they've only become more common since.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nintendo canceled at least one western project due to a leak. But thats Nintendo for you...