Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FYhW34RWAAEU33Y

https://venturebeat.com/2022/07/25/report-ea-is-working-on-a-black-panther-game/

According to Grubb, the title is early in development and is a single-player affair. A new Seattle studio founded by former Monolith Productions VP and studio head Kevin Stephens is likely working on the project.

Project Rainier
Open World
You become the new Black Panther following the death of the former
Early development

P

peter42O

Sounds good. Once EA officially reveals the game, I can add it to my list. 😂

Reactions: EDMIX

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t care about this one bit. But I have to ask…

When was the last time EA actually made an
Open world game?

I have no faith in this.

EDMIX

I don’t care about this one bit. But I have to ask…

When was the last time EA actually made an
Open world game?

I have no faith in this.

Well...I'd focus on the team as asking when a publisher did something is kind of odd. As you wouldn't ask Take Two this, you'd ask Rockstar so to speak.

The team behind it seems to be lead by the Shadow Of Mordor lead

So...I'm not questioning EA regarding this, I'm questioning the team itself and it seems its in great hands. We'll have to see how any of that move translates to this Black Panther title. EA has wanted to get in that open world space for some time now as they made comments of wanting some GTA type game too, but likely never pulled the trigger based on not having the right team or quality or something. Till this day people complain about that Star Wars open world game that was canned, but if EA of all publishers is canning it based on some issues, clearly an issue might really be going on as we've seen EA launch some broken games lol

Maybe they want to release some mega AAA title thats open world that they feel can make a massive impact to be trusted in that genre. I think maybe that makes more sense then spamming open world games regardless of quality as by the time they do have a winner on their hands, who would trust it? So maybe it was best they waited until they got the right team, the right IP etc.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So it’s a rookie team from the worst third party publisher there is.

Please be excited

P

peter42O

So it’s a rookie team from the worst third party publisher there is.

Please be excited
EA had the overall game of the year for 2021 (It Takes Two) and are far from being the worst third party publisher. I would put Konami, Square Enix, Take Two Interactive and Activision Blizzard as all being worse than EA. At least for me anyway.

D

Deleted member 140

That's good news in my books, if they can get it right that is, but I don't have much trust in EA these days! I'm sure it'll look good at least and I hope that they'll make a good game, the IP certainly deserves it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nice to see EA investing on single player, but I'm not interested on Black Panther at all.

BP is more like a poor man's wolverine. I'd much rather play Wolverine tbh.
100% agree, I'm very interested on Wolverine and X-Men, not in Black Panther. And I trust Sony and Insomniac, not EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.