Report: Xbox Signs Agreement With Panache, Assassin's Creed's Creator's Studio, For New Project

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
macaco+ambicioso+sobe+na+arvore+e+JA+PENSA+QUE+UM+DIA+VAI+CHEGAR+NA+LUA.jpg

Similar to Xbox joining hands with Hundred Star, a studio formed by ex-Rocksteady heads, eXputer has now seen graphical evidence that the company has also secured the distribution of a new project from the Montreal-based Panache Digital Games. For those not in the know, Panache was formed in 2014 by the original creator of the Assassin's Creed franchise, Patrice Désilets.

Precise details of the game are scant, but I can say that it's being built in Unreal Engine 5. In addition, there is a possibility that said game is 1666: Amsterdam, Patrice's long-time passion project, but I cannot confirm that at this point. During this year's Reboot Develop, Panache did come forward with a pitch, going over what the studio is working on, likely expecting to find a publisher for the new game.

Source

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Xbox seems to be signing alot of these while Sony is asleep at the wheel
I think Xbox is signing these so other pubs don't get them and then they will cancel them all before release.

It's like EA Originals. All these games flopped hard even going back to Shadows of the Damned or Alice.

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interesting. Ancestors was a failure, so I assumed they had shut down the studio.

Edit: it sold 1.5M as of last year, better than I expected.

P.S.: I met this guy once, he surprised me because he's very good at communicating his ideas and convincing people. Two key skills for a creative director.

Even after spending around $100B in acquisitions, you look at their output the first half of this year and Sony's one keeps being way bigger and better.

If they really signed with this studio, I expect the level of "success" of this game to be between Redfall and Hellblade 2.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Really? Stellar Blade, FFVII Rebirth, and Rise of the Ronin were the result of Sony signings and we've been getting about an exclusive banger a month due to them. They've gone out to India, China, and Korea (and Africa) to sign even more games. The two don't even compare. Sony's also gone for big name devs at their new studios like Deviation Games and Haven.