Resident Evil 4 Remake: Separate Ways ($10) has almost the same amount of content that Resident Evil 3 Remake at launch did (retail $60)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to people who already beaten the REE4 Remake DLC, the game has almost the same amount of content that Resident Evil 3 Remake at launch did (retail $60), but with reused content from the main game and adding more.

Having just beat the new DLC pack for RE4Make, I was left surprised at the amount of new content, even for one playthrough and it struck me that this DLC makes Resident Evil 3 even more of a ridiculous bad value proposition.

Took me around 4.5h to beat Separate ways and it maaaybe took me 5h to get through RE3Make (talking first playthroughs). With how much the RE3Make was gutted in comparison to the original game, I hope we get a proper remake down the line.

Reactions: Arc

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Shame, really. RE3 deserved better.

EDIT: I mean, good for that dirt cheap DLC. That was a bit confusing. Just bought the DLC myself.

Reactions: Arc

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, that's good BUT.....

I watched my brother play a bit of the mercenaries with Wesker and I have to say, I am disappointed.

In the old Gamecube version, he had chikyo chagi and a sliding fixed stance power punch / thrust punch...they were much cooler IMO.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
There really isn’t any getting out of this one. I guess you can say Separate Ways builds on main game assets, but… so does 3, on 2’s, just to a lesser extent. Lol.

One is a phenomenal value, the other, it’s always a bit questionable to pay $60 and be done a day or two later.

I don’t think RE3 needed to be priced at $10, I don’t even think Separate needed to be. I do think that an ultra-short game does need its publisher to take that into some account when pricing it. Or it should be very well designed for extreme replay value, like a lot of the early 3D games were. You can beat Goldeneye on Agent in a day or two, but you’ve barely even started.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly