Resident Evil 7 director Koshi Nakanishi will direct Resident Evil 9

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Resident-Evil-7.jpg

Koshi Nakanishi, the director of Resident Evil 7, will direct the next new entry in the Resident Evil series.

As confirmed during the Capcom Next digital showcase, Nakanishi will helm the next new entry in the series, expected to be Resident Evil 9.

“It was difficult to figure out what to do after Resident Evil 7,”

Nakanishi said.

“But I found it, and to be honest it feels substantial. I can’t share any details yet, but I hope you’re excited for the day I can.”

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I thought it was weird he said he didn't know where to go from resident evil 7 despite re8 already being out surely it's going to follow on from the revelation at the end of that one

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
To be fair, he said that they (obviously) are working on a new Resident Evil, but he didn't mention Resident Evil 9.

So it could be a remake, a new Revelations title, a multiplayer game etc., but I think it's fair to assume he meant the game is RE9.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
We have to be close to a reveal. Hopefully PlayStation has a showcase this month or next month where it will be officially shown off

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Resident Evil 8 pacing could've been better.
RE7 also had its own problems, but I prefer it over 8.
In my opinion, RE should go the bath of the remakes ( RE2, RE4, and even RE3). Tje remakes have the much better modern formula.
But return to Remake 2's gore levels

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Resident Evil 8 pacing could've been better.
RE7 also had its own problems, but I prefer it over 8.
In my opinion, RE should go the bath of the remakes ( RE2, RE4, and even RE3). Tje remakes have the much better modern formula.
Im probably the worse person to talk about pacing, its not something I pay attention to or that bothers me. If the gameplay is good, then Im good, give me more. Growing up with JRPG’s that went all over the place and overstayed there welcome was a norm to me lol. I loved RE8 being longer.

I really enjoyed RE7, it had a more horror feel and I felt RE was going back to its roots even though it was 1st person. I consider RE7/8 going more classic formula than RE4/5/6 etc. RE7/8 went back to Metroidvania level design, less action, more horror and worrying about running to your next save point lol.

RE7 done a great job but for me RE8 done it better. The level design and the main area connecting to a different areas mansion/castle etc, Ive always wanted that in a RE game. More enemies, bigger much more classic Metroidvania gameplay and level design, and House Beneviento was as scary as any other part in RE lol. I enjoyed RE7/8. I enjoyed RE4 but after coming down from the high, I released hey that didn’t even feel like RE.

Yeah the Remakes formula is great too, the best apart from the cut content. I was a bit dissapointed with RE2 remake, the first hour was the GOTY for me, but I felt when Mr X appeared it ruined it for me. Still fantastic game.
Im looking forward to CV if they fix some issues and dont cut content

Reactions: Airbus

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Im probably the worse person to talk about pacing, its not something I pay attention to or that bothers me. If the gameplay is good, then Im good, give me more. Growing up with JRPG’s that went all over the place and overstayed there welcome was a norm to me lol. I loved RE8 being longer.

I really enjoyed RE7, it had a more horror feel and I felt RE was going back to its roots even though it was 1st person. I consider RE7/8 going more classic formula than RE4/5/6 etc. RE7/8 went back to Metroidvania level design, less action, more horror and worrying about running to your next save point lol.

RE7 done a great job but for me RE8 done it better. The level design and the main area connecting to a different areas mansion/castle etc, Ive always wanted that in a RE game. More enemies, bigger much more classic Metroidvania gameplay and level design, and House Beneviento was as scary as any other part in RE lol. I enjoyed RE7/8. I enjoyed RE4 but after coming down from the high, I released hey that didn’t even feel like RE.

Yeah the Remakes formula is great too, the best apart from the cut content. I was a bit dissapointed with RE2 remake, the first hour was the GOTY for me, but I felt when Mr X appeared it ruined it for me. Still fantastic game.
Im looking forward to CV if they fix some issues and dont cut content
Definitely, RE8 is way better than RE5, and RE6. I hope Capcom doesn't remake any of that shit and bring us back to that loophole.
They could combine the best of RE7/8 with the best of remakes.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Airbus