Resident Evil dev won't rule out remaking spin-off games like Code Veronica

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
8LfZTH5KYhCmShvekH6YFH-1200-80.jpg.webp

Earlier today on July 6, Capcom posted their general shareholder meeting Q&A, where the company fielded all sorts of questions from investors. One shareholder asked if Capcom would be "providing high-end visual remakes of only the main numbered entries in the Resident Evil series."

To this, Capcom answered that it's "carrying out discussions regarding the future expansion of this series so it can be enjoyed." Sure, that's painful corporate speak from Capcom, refusing to give a straight answer, but it crucially doesn't rule out remakes for Resident Evil spin-off games.

If you've ever wanted a remake of games like Resident Evil: Code Veronica, or Resident Evil Revelations, this is good news. There's a fair few spin-off Resident Evil games out there, that mainline fans might not necessarily have experienced, given they're all older games at this point.

So far at least, Capcom has only focused on mainline Resident Evil games with its remake efforts. We've had remakes of Resident Evil 2, 3, and 4 over the past four years, and one could argue Capcom's stuck rigidly to the better-known Resident Evil games for remakes.

source

Reactions: laynelane

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'll never get why they call code veronica a spin off. Is a legit RE Game. Maybe the second or third best of the whole series.

It deserves a lot better. A PC port at least let alone a remake. If they remake RE5 before this one Id be pissed.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I'll never get why they call code veronica a spin off. Is a legit RE Game. Maybe the second or third best of the whole series.

It deserves a lot better. A PC port at least let alone a remake. If they remake RE5 before this one Id be pissed.

It’s definitely not a spin-off which is what the article implies and not Capcom. Which leads me to believe the person who wrote this clearly never played it.

Edit: Author is like 14 years old so makes sense 🤣

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

RE5 needs a reboot not a remake. Otherwise, we will turn 360 degree back to that clusterfuck Giraff man blowjob.

Reactions: arvfab

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I wouldn’t mind first person remakes similar to 7 and 8’s approach. I feel like three games are enough in one particular style especially remakes.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Code Veronica was supposed to be the real Resi 3, with the actual Resi 3 game being the action oriented apin off.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
Code veronica needs a Remake, then maybe it'll actually be a fun game.
Though I would rather a Re5 remake for more co op fun with my brother

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
LOVE resident evil , code Veronica isn't a spin off it's a direct sequel to resident evil 2 ... I want remakes of 1 , 0 & code Veronica (in the more modern style)