Respawn Hit With Layoffs |UP| Someone saying Certain groups were targeted (🧂🧂)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Respawn Entertainment, the developers behind Apex Legends, Titanfall, and the Star Wars Jedi series, has been hit with layoffs.

The layoffs come as part of the recent EA announcement that it was laying off 5% of its workforce.

“The Apex team was hit with layoffs today,” level design Aaron Stump said on Twitter. “It sucks seeing some of the people I’ve worked with for almost 3 years now get let go. Hopefully, they land on their feet sooner rather than later.”

One of those people let go was Apex Legends global social media lead Alex Ackerman.

“After 20 Seasons of Apex and 5 years at Respawn nearly to the day, my job has been made redundant and I have been laid off,” she said. “Working on this game and supporting this community has truly been the honor of my career and a highlight of my life.”

Build engineer Tyler Owens added that he’s “completely gutted” by the most recent layoffs at the studio.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
As Usual Geoff Keighley is silent on all thr lay-offs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Lol corporations are always so eager to kill off the golden goose. I hope EA crashes and burns.

Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hopefully they come out with a banger and eventually expand again.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Layoffs at Respawn somehow mostly hitting "PoC, queer folks and those on parental & medical leave" complains disabled queer polyamorous employee​

1710633032587.png

Who knows if it is true or not could be a disgruntled worker.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
These people get absolutely zero sympathy from me, they have a nexus between "Gaming Journalists" and Game devs. They cant get a game to work on launch but are full force into activism on twitter and other social media. Only Industry where costumers expecting the product they bought to work on day one are vilified.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hard to tell sometimes with groups crying foul just to get attention.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Layoffs at Respawn somehow mostly hitting "PoC, queer folks and those on parental & medical leave" complains disabled queer polyamorous employee

ESG investments are down and all publishers are cutting down their workforce to face a stale / shrinking videogame market.

It only makes sense that the DEI hirings are the first to go away, as the financial incentive to keep many of those people in the pay sheet just went away.