Respawn Says Apex Legends Won't Look The Same In 5 Years

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1707911441873.png

During the interview with VGC, several key insights into Apex Legends’ direction were revealed, suggesting a significant evolution over the next five years. The Breakout update introduces streamlined systems aimed at reducing complexity for new players. Crafting materials are eliminated and replaced by a simpler system where players directly grab items from crafting stations.

The EVO armor system is revamped to reward diverse behaviors beyond just dealing damage, offering points for reviving teammates, interacting with EVO Harvesters, and more. This aims to make the game more approachable for newcomers while still catering to established players.

Regarding the battle royale genre as a whole, Respawn says their focus remains on Apex Legends’ own growth and evolution. Looking ahead, Respawn outlined its vision for the next five years. They envision Apex Legends becoming “a place for everybody,” balancing its core competitive nature with broader appeal. This includes making the game more approachable for new players while maintaining its strong competitive scene.

“It’s just going to keep growing in my mind. It’s going to keep evolving. The Apex today won’t be the same as the Apex in five years. We’ll look at ourselves, and we’ll look at competitors and how they’ve solved issues, and keep building on the genre as a whole.”
Mike Renner

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I hvnt played it in months but maybe I'll go back.
Same here. I just like that it's out there. I don't want to find out that The Finals takes all of Apex's audience and we can only support one of these free shooters at a time.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Apex Legends added full dualsense feature support for the PS5.​

Discussion
I just wanted to give a heads up since the one article posted about the new season stressed the 120hz, but mentioned very little of the full dualsense features that Respawn added as well.
They designed haptic feedback for just about everything you’re doing in game. If you’re looking around the tabs of a menu you’ll feel haptics of various strength depending on what you have your cursor over. When you’re in game the there is now adaptive triggers that change depending on the weapon you’re using. Everything from moving around, jumping, interacting with things on the map, even the abilities and how they move around in a persons hand for example will have haptic feedback to go along with it.
I’m a huge supporter of devs taking the time to add meaningful dualsense support since many will typically add some basic vibrations and call it a day. Props to respawn for the 120hz and the dualsense support.