Respawn's Vince Zampella Says The PS5 Pro Price “Makes Sense”

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Zampella points out the fact that when you look at the prices of consoles 20+ years ago, adjusted for inflation some of them come out to be well-over the price of the PS5 Pro today. He also pointed out the obvious truth that to build a PC on a $700 budget wouldn’t get you the same performance and quality you get from a PS5 Pro.

“I mean, I think it’s expected and anything that gets us better performance for the people that really love it. To me, it’s an amazing thing. I was watching something on it where the price… where they look at is it the most expensive. And it really isn’t.
If you go back, some of the older consoles were just as expensive and probably adjusted for inflation were probably more. So it at first seemed a little shocking, but it’s kind of like, it’s actually not that bad.
And if you get a $700 PC, you’re not getting the same performance that you’re getting out of it. So I mean, it’s a balance. Is it expensive for people? Absolutely. Not everybody will be able to afford it. Would it be better if it was cheaper? Sure. I want more people to have it. But it makes sense, really.”

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony should involve some 3rd party developers to be in the show.
And have a bunch ready to talk about afterwards like how Microsoft pays people to talk about PS5 Pro straight after the show…

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony should involve some 3rd party developers to be in the show.
And have a bunch ready to talk about afterwards like how Microsoft pays people to talk about PS5 Pro straight after the show…
American media doesn't need Microsoft to hurt Sony. It's the politics in that country that is deriving the hate wave against anything that is perceived to compete against their economy or doesn't give them what they want.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'll give a rat's ass about the inflation excuse when wages actually keep up with it. Until then, I'll continue calling out obvious cash grabs and overpriced stuff 🤷🏼
but it isn't a cash grab. they are giving you way more stuff for some more money. you act like sony is getting the parts for free and just charging whatever the hell they want on top.