Rift Apart Steam Deck verified, why no PS4 version ?

Should Insomniac have made a PS4 version of Rift Apart ?

• Yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
After lying to us and saying its only possible thanks to the super fast SSD, Rift Apart will now be playable on PCs with HDDs and SD cards. Why is Sony putting more resources to support competitors hardware and not their own ? I wasn't able to get a PS5 until last year, but I would've loved to be able to play Rift Apart on PS4.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You do realize Steam Deck is RDNA2 and Zen 2, right? PS4's architecture is significantly older than those.

You're simply paying attention to TF count and not other things which actually matter.
That's irrelevant when Insomniac said the main bottleneck was storage type, which is clearly a lie. Do you think the game isn't possible on PS4???

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Miles Morales was much more of a system seller, and that was ALSO ON PS4

Marvel Spider Man was also originally a PS4 title, same engine, same code, made for the same system. Probably not worth the development cost as the game was clearly originaly designed for PS5.

You do realize Steam Deck is RDNA2 and Zen 2, right? PS4's architecture is significantly older than those.

You're simply paying attention to TF count and not other things which actually matter.

The Steam Deck also doesnt have support for Hard Disk, you have to play games on an NVME which is much faster than the PS4 Hard Disk.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Same as demons souls. Don't tell me that game could not run on a PS4.

The decks CPU it's more powerful than the ps4 and has more RAM and newer CPU and GPU architecture.

Reactions: BroodCorp
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Same as demons souls. Don't tell me that game could not run on a PS4.

The decks CPU it's more powerful than the ps4 and has more RAM and newer CPU and GPU architecture.
Already addressed that, Insomniac said storage was the bottleneck, not anything else.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Insisting that this running on an SSD at 720p is somehow a justification of some glorious lie, when it only proves that you need to have an SSD for a proper experience, is just amazing. And the steam deck had an SSD.

Reactions: Box

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Agree with the OP. They definitely lied to us including Epic with their UE5 demo. We will never see a game like that at good resolution. I always thought Rift had very simple assets and that's why the SSD was being used like that. I am curious to see what DF comes up with though.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Agree with the OP. They definitely lied to us including Epic with their UE5 demo. We will never see a game like that at good resolution. I always thought Rift had very simple assets and that's why the SSD was being used like that. I am curious to see what DF comes up with though.

How did they lie?

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Insisting that this running on an SSD at 720p is somehow a justification of some glorious lie, when it only proves that you need to have an SSD for a proper experience, is just amazing. And the steam deck had an SSD.
How did they lie?
Saying the game requires an SSD, and then later supporting HDD/SD cards is an objective lie! Idk how you can argue otherwise. Don't be mad at the fans, Sony/Insomniac brought this on themselves. Let's wait and see for the official release tomorrow.

Reactions: Frozone
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's still way too early to say that, UE5 adoption needs a few more years till we can see what it's really capable of.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Saying the game requires an SSD, and then later supporting HDD/SD cards is an objective lie! Idk how you can argue otherwise. Don't be mad at the fans, Sony/Insomniac brought this on themselves. Let's wait and see for the official release tomorrow.

Can you play the game at 4k 30fps with RT enabled using an HDD?

Reactions: Box