Roblox had 77M daily active users in q1 2025

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Roblox highlighted an increase in the number of its daily active users (DAU), up 17% year-on-year to 77.7 million. The firm noted that its growth in DAU was particularly strong in the Asia Pacific region.

As for hours engaged, it reported an increase of 15% year-on-year to 16.7 billion, which also saw strong growth in the same region.

While it did note an "unseasonable decline" in engagement during the beginning of the first quarter, the company experimented with changes to its algorithm and reintroduced events to help drive growth and improve the quality of Roblox.

"Our teams have been hard at work identifying opportunities to drive DAUs, hours, and bookings growth rates back to 20% year-on-year," said Roblox founder and CEO David Baszucki.

Thts crazy!

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
D-Daily?!

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
So many...

New PS Home witj VR functionality

Dreams and pushing this as a premier gaas model aka Roblox.

Warhawk Remake which I'm sure would be as successful as Helldivers 2

And so much more

It still amazes me that they refuse to reboot Home, it would be perfect for VR. Better than VR Chat.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
One thing I hope I could convey to people posting here is that these things don't happen with a light switch flick.

Could Dreams have been as big as Roblox? Probably not. It did next to nothing on PS4. The game wasn't built out for monetization and the absolute money you would have to spend getting it working on PC, maintaining and upgrading it AND trying to advertise for it. We're talking billions of dollars... It's high risk. What was low risk for Sony was to just allow Roblox on PlayStation and take the 30% cut with 0 risk. No PC revenue, but again no risk.

As for Home, it's a difficult concept to make work. Ultimately when someone turns on a PlayStation, you want them buying games, not just hanging out in PS Home like a chatroom. They monetized it with some MTX, but it clearly wasn't that profitable. I love how people act like Sony has zero data on things. If PS Home was wildly profitable, they would have probably made it work.

Sony London did nothing for years despite being the studio to originally do it AND were heavily invested in VR. If this was something they thought would have kept their studio alive, they would have done it.

People overrate Warhawk and put nostalgia goggles on everything. It is sitting at a 7.5 on metacritic for user reviews. Does that mean it can't come back and be successful? Of course not, just look at Helldivers vs Helldivers 2. The difference though is Arrowhead was around to do HD2.

Warhawk was done by Incognito a now defunct studio. Same reason why we don't have a Twisted Metal game most likely, and WipeOut or Destruction Derby or SOCOM.

Sony doesn't generally dictate what games studios work on, but somehow you guys think they should force a random studio to work on an archaic IP and what when it doesn't sell cut them loose?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Even if you look at Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, and Sucker Punch... there's a reason why they aren't making Killzone games anymore, or Jak and Daxter, or Sly Cooper/inFamous... they've moved on to more successful franchises.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
hey @Gamernyc78 who got elected president back in 2024, for those of us still living in the past

also has xbox completely gone under, and how is that PS5 Pro?