Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven – Announcement Trailer | Coming to Switch, PS5, PS4, and Steam on October 24

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven is the first full 3D remake of the fan-favorite Romancing SaGa 2 and will be released on October 24, 2024 for Nintendo Switch, PS5, PS4, and Steam.

A hit RPG that sold over 1 million copies upon its release in Japan in 1993, Romancing SaGa 2 was particularly praised for its challenging gameplay, non-linear exploration, and unique gameplay mechanics.

Relive the history of the Varennes Empire in the first modern 3D remake of this groundbreaking title and defeat the Seven Heroes - once beloved saviors of humanity who now thirst for vengeance against all who wronged them.

The game now features Japanese and English voice acting, an improved turn-based battle system, and the original music and rearranged compositions by the legendary Kenji Ito (known for his work on the SaGa series, particularly SaGa Frontier, and the Mana series).

This is your chance to choose the next Emperor or Empress, expand your empire across multiple generations, and engage in a battle that will last for millennia. Save your empire. Defend your legacy.

Pre-order is available now on all available platforms. Pre-order of the digital version for Nintendo Switch will be available later.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It's so nice seeing a new SaGa title actually having a budget for a change. I think this looks really cool and it's fun seeing familiar scenery in 3D.

That said, I'm nevertheless feeling mixed. Romancing SaGa 2 already had a remaster, and I'd argue the current remaster's pixelart is really gorgeous in a way I think this can't hold up to. It doesn't help that it's not exactly one of the more impressive things Square is capable of visually in 3D.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Of course se will realise soon xbots don't buy games and a GP cheque is the only way for a port to be worth it.

Problems is those cheques will get smaller and smaller as Xbox tighten their belts.

Self own by any publisher who continues to put their game on gp.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
And this kids, is why it doesn't matter if you have an amazing showcase. Times moves on and that will be destroyed by simple announcements.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me