Rumor: Florence Pugh Wanted for Abby in The Last of Us Season 2

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Florence Pugh is reportedly HBO's top choice to play Abby in the upcoming second season of its breakout drama series, The Last of Us.

According to trusted scooper MyTimeToShineHello on X (formerly Twitter), before the SAG-AFTRA strike began, Florence Pugh got an offer to play Abby in The Last of Us Season 2. This comes less than a month after The Last of Us co-creator Craig Mazin hinted that "maybe" the right person had been found for the part but that the strikes had halted negotiations. "Things were in process," Mazin explained.

"Look, Abby was the first role that we wanted to tackle. We’ve got a pretty good track record of making major cast announcements and people going, 'Really?' which will probably continue."

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I’d like to see it because it would attract a whole new crowd to what’s already a solid show. Film stars tend to downplay tv until they’re forced to do it so we’ll see if she obliges.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I’d like to see it because it would attract a whole new crowd to what’s already a solid show. Film stars tend to downplay tv until they’re forced to do it so we’ll see if she obliges.

She's one of my two personal picks, together with Shannon Berry.

Reactions: BroodCorp