(Rumor) Halo Battle Royale Project Reportedly Scrapped at Support Studio Certain Affinity

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1705328495494.png

It appears that the rumoured battle royale Halo project has been scrapped and is no longer in development. The last we heard of the Halo battle royale, reportedly in development at support studio Certain Affinity, was an allusion to the mode back in September 2022. Since then, things have fallen rather quiet.

Now, it appears that development on Halo battle royale has ceased, according to a report from insider Shpeshal_Nick, speaking on the XboxEra podcast (via Eurogamer). Codenamed ‘Project Tatanka’, Halo battle royale had reportedly been in development for years at Certain Affinity, under a team of almost 100 people.

According to the support studio, it had been “deepening” its relationship with Halo Infinite developer 343 Industries, and had been "entrusted with further evolving Halo Infinite in some new and exciting ways". Of course, this was thought to be the oft-rumoured Halo battle royale, though this was also said to potentially "evolve in different directions", according to Bloomberg.

Halo battle royale might be no more, then. Assuming it was ever something to begin with, of course. Ah well, at least we have the recent return of Firefight in Halo Infinite.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They don't know what they want to do over there. Damn thy even follow Sony in the bad lol Sony cancels Tlou Mp and now Xbox cancels Halo BR

😂😂

Reactions: Entropi

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

I’m just working with rumors and leaks here but.

Tatanka was an extension of the Infinite project. Rumors were that Certain Affinity wanted to move to unreal and were building the game in it.

MS scraps the Infinite initiative and guts 343 to where they can only act as producers of the IP and not have the bandwidth for further game development other than Infinite’s pvp skeleton crew.

CA by consequence now primary halo dev. Infinite scrapped and Tatanka still being developed to launch on its own if need be.

343 reveals Halo is moving to Unreal. Most likely influenced by CA’s actual work vs 343’s constant dumpster fires.

I want to say that Tatanka isn’t exactly canceled but is being reworked into the next major halo release in some form.

Halo is dead for the next 5 years. Prediction is that MCC will be ported to switch (2) and PlayStation to keep brand awareness alive along with the paramount show.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I’m just working with rumors and leaks here but.

Tatanka was an extension of the Infinite project. Rumors were that Certain Affinity wanted to move to unreal and were building the game in it.

MS scraps the Infinite initiative and guts 343 to where they can only act as producers of the IP and not have the bandwidth for further game development other than Infinite’s pvp skeleton crew.

CA by consequence now primary halo dev. Infinite scrapped and Tatanka still being developed to launch on its own if need be.

343 reveals Halo is moving to Unreal.

I want to say that Tatanka isn’t exactly canceled but is being reworked into the next major halo release in some form.

Halo is dead for the next 5 years. Prediction is that MCC will be ported to switch (2) and PlayStation to keep brand awareness alive along with the paramount show.
Sounds plausible.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'm sure this was spun off into a full Halo game instead of a simple online game... But could be wrong.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

XboxEra clarify Project Tatanka from Certain Affinity cancelations reports are wrong and took Nick out of context​

Rumour
https://xboxera.com/2024/01/16/halo...s-cancelled-according-to-xboxeras-nick-baker/"What’s hilarious to me, and certainly a big surprise to Nick, is that this was a simple conversation, on the show, where we talking about someone else’s discussion on a podcast"

"What’s even more amusing is I even make a joke about overreactions to a rumored game rumored at being cancelled, and that “we don’t know – it’s just the scuttlebutt out there“. "
I mean Hoberman just said in November that they are deepening relationship with 343 and they are working on Halo related project.
Jason Schreier said CA is working ambitious project in Halo universe built on Unreal Engine 5. That's why they stopped updating Slipspace branch of Tatanka