[Rumor] Insomniac may have hired Steve Blum For Marvel’s Wolverine

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://thegamespoof.com/gaming-news/marvels-wolverine-insominac-may-have-hired-steve-blum/amp/

Work on Marvel’s Wolverine continues in the utmost secrecy , but some speculation points to the fact that Insomniac may have hired Steve Blum , the historical voice actor of the character in several animated series, who should clearly interpret the protagonist of the game.

It all started with a video posted by Blum on Instagram a few weeks ago, in which we see the actor with the classic motion capture devices applied to his face and body, talking about a project he participated in some time ago. Blum specifically reported that he took part in the development of a video game, on which, however, he has signed a non-disclosure agreement so he cannot report anything specific.

In the message, he also refers to the actor Roger Craig Smith, another well-known voice actor in the field. To tell the truth, the clues end here, namely the fact that the actor known for giving the voice to Wolverine in numerous animated series has recently worked on a secret video game, also lending itself to motion capture.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
"Hey guy's! i am just making a video to show you i am doing something and who is helping me but i signed a NDA so i cant talk about it"
It's always funny to me that actors and voice actors still to this day do things like this even when told not to lol

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm really just so excited to see how this plays....

How he moves and the combos and how enemies react and get cut up.
Even how Logan recovers should be really interesting.

I can imagine loads of alternate costumes like Spider-man.

I really hope there is a statue and a collectors edition or something cool like that.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I would have preferred Hugh Jackman's voice as it would be more fitting for cinematic style games and he could do mocap well + act.... but the price + booking scheduling is obviously not easy for a A list actor. Either way, not bad either... just a different tone. How it will land on a grounded video game we'll see. It could be for another game however..

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I would have preferred Hugh Jackman's voice as it would be more fitting for cinematic style games and he could do mocap well + act.... but the price + booking scheduling is obviously not easy for a A list actor. Either way, not bad either... just a different tone. How it will land on a grounded video game we'll see. It could be for another game however..
Who says it's grounded?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Disappointed it’s not the 90s cartoon voice actor to be honest.

Reactions: Kokoloko

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Rumors of a hard R tone + the graphics. Piece two and two, and the result is that this ain't no kiddie shit. Basically what every Wolverine fan would ever want to be honest. A mature, realistic Wolverine.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Rumors of a hard R tone + the graphics. Piece two and two, and the result is that this ain't no kiddie shit. Basically what every Wolverine fan would ever want to be honest. A mature, realistic Wolverine.
The comics are graphic but not grounded. I fully expect to see a costume wearing wolverine fighting mutant super villaind, interacting with Xmen and dropping Clint Eastwood style one liners.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The comics are graphic but not grounded. I fully expect to see a costume wearing wolverine fighting mutant super villaind, interacting with Xmen and dropping Clint Eastwood style one liners.

I'd rather see one man Logan inspired wolverine (without him actually being old). Something more mature. Not sure if the above would appeal most gaming audience. But I may be totally wrong.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I'd rather see one man Logan inspired wolverine (without him actually being old). Something more mature. Not sure if the above would appeal most gaming audience. But I may be totally wrong.
That's all we've had of Wolverine for like 20 years. I'd rather something a bit more comic accurate and unique

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
You can have the costumes and still have a grounded story. It's almost practically guaranteed we're going to have costumes with the popularity of them in Spiderman and Batman Arkham games.