Rumor: Monster Hunter Wilds running at unstable 30 FPS on PS5, uncapped 30 FPS on PS5 Pro

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Report via Reddit:

• No Performance Mode for Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Game runs at 30FPS on PS5
  • Game targets 30FPS Uncapped on PS5 Pro
  • Multiple Texture Issues and Unstable Framerate

MHWilds_normal.png

Chinese content creator Dog Feeding Club with knowlodge on game performance is reporting Monster Hunter Wilds is running very poorly on the demo stands at TGS 2024:

PS5 is running at 30 FPS, the demo doesn't have performance mode. The game stutters during intensive FX scenes, the texture quality is underwhelming, some rocks completely miss textures. Frame rate is rather low during combat."
The rest of his comments are game impressions, he only had 30 minutes but he was overall impressed with how the game plays desptie the obvious issues.

Comment:

AI Translated Comment:

Other content creators also reported the game was running at 30 FPS on the Summer Game Fest demo a month ago.

There's also this image floating around saying the game targets 30 FPS Uncapped on PC and PS5 Pro, but since i couldn't find a source i didn't include it in the title (posted at the MH subreddit):

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Capcom isn’t going to market their games in favor of Pro users when majority of fans are on base units.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Dragons Dogma and this. Seems like a Capcom issue

I wonder who has tried this and on PS5 Pro to say this

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I mean this game doesn't come out until the end February... Literally 5 months away from release...

Why do so many gamers act like games should be in release shape months and years ahead of time?

This game is likely to run at a low resolution on base consoles and like a potato on the Series S.

This is going to become more and more common place with big AAA games and exactly why the PS5 Pro is going to be the definitive machine of the generation...

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
2025 would be the perfect time for PS to drop that horizon online monster hunter & release it as a free to play easy to grab, great performance monster hunter like game