Rumor: Nintendo Switch 2 Leak: Custom SoC to feature Ray reconstruction, DLSS 3.5, 2 skus (all digital and physical)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Timestamps:
Start: 0:00
Tokyo Game Show Rumors -- Xbox, Panic Button & More: 1:00
Release Timing - September or November?: 18:00
Two Sku - Digital & Physical Model?: 25:00
New Backward Compatibility Rumor: 33:00
Recent Patents - Mean Anything?: 39:00
Custom SoC & Feature Set: 44:00
Streamlabs: 58:00

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Without reading it, the digital and physical thing feels wrong to me. The games are the size of a postage stamp if you buy physical. Why would you bother having two skis given how confusing that will be for the average consumer? It's not like a PS5 where you have a giant visible disc drive on one version.

And all I ever see in stores for the PS5 is the disc version anyway.

Don't think I believe any of it as a result.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Without reading it, the digital and physical thing feels wrong to me. The games are the size of a postage stamp if you buy physical. Why would you bother having two skis given how confusing that will be for the average consumer? It's not like a PS5 where you have a giant visible disc drive on one version.

Thts what others pointed out, the two skus seem off.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

I agree. Plus a new cartridge format requires a bunch of extra R&D which isn't the case with a bluray drive.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Without reading it, the digital and physical thing feels wrong to me. The games are the size of a postage stamp if you buy physical. Why would you bother having two skus given how confusing that will be for the average consumer? It's not like a PS5 where you have a giant visible disc drive on one version.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nate the Hate is Nate the Sourceless Liar.

If I had a track record like Nate's in school or at work I would be so useless to society that the government would literally need to give me a tugboat. Especially on Nintendo, his Nintendo stuff is always wrong. Where is Star Fox Grand Prix? Where is the Switch Pro? Also, this is extremely petty but he sounds like he weighs 500 pounds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nate the Hate is Nate the Sourceless Liar.

If I had a track record like Nate's in school or at work I would be so useless to society that the government would literally need to give me a tugboat. Especially on Nintendo, his Nintendo stuff is always wrong. Where is Star Gox Grand Prix? Where is the Switch Pro? Also, this is extremely petty but he sounds like he weighs 500 pounds.
Lol now I remember this bozos name.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
If switch has DLSS that could be a big win for PC gaming as it would mean many more games could include DLSS from the get go. Nintendo should enforce DLSS in all 3D games at least. Even if the game does not need it,you can save on power consumption and battery life while active.