Rumor: Resident Evil 1 Remake coming in 2026

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
resident-evil-remake-remake-fan-game-unity-engine.jpg

According to DanielRPK and PRE_Alarabiya, a Resident Evil 1 Remake is in the works and is coming around 2026.

DanielRPK is a well know Marvel Studios leaker. There's no other info.

Source 1

Source 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Syndr0mePK

10 Jan 2024
There was also something about a new RE game with LEON as the lead. I am sure I saw something about on Reddit.

Ico

8 May 2024
at this point they should start remaking older dmc games like the first two, it would make the wait for the sixth game more tolerable

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus and Umar

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
We need RE5 Remake immediately
But this time in good, ok? And if they ever have the idea of remaking RE6, I hope they take the world "remake" literally, as in remake the game as it never existed before.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Resident Evil was my first PlayStation game. I’ll gladly play a remake in the vein of RE4.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
If they Remake 5, i bet sweet baby would force them to change all the black zombies into straight white males

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'm down.

Remake is my favorite RE game. While I don't like these remakes sometimes ruining the "original", I'm interested in seeing the Spencer Mansion recreated in the new engine.

@Systemshock2023

During the development of RE2 remake, they were considering adding the fixed camera angles as a bonus. They decided against it back then. maybe they revisit that idea again. The mansion would work better with a fixed camera angle.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Only Capcom and Sega can get away with this

This is why they’re making money rn when everyone else is fucked

Minimal creativity
Just spamming remakes

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm down.

Remake is my favorite RE game. While I don't like these remakes sometimes ruining the "original", I'm interested in seeing the Spencer Mansion recreated in the new engine.

@Systemshock2023

During the development of RE2 remake, they were considering adding the fixed camera angles as a bonus. They decided against it back then. maybe they revisit that idea again. The mansion would work better with a fixed camera angle.

A mod was released on PC early this year that converts both campaigns to fixed camera angles. The modder carefully selected fixed camera angles by editing RE Engine. A hero IMHO. Did more for the franchise that Capcom between RE4 and 7

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Just spamming remakes

Dead Rising 4
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Street Fighter V
Street Fighter VI
Devil May Cry V
Monster Hunter World
Monster Hunter Rise
Exoprimal
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 8
Dragon's Dogma 2

Kunitsu-Gami Path of the Goddess

Pragmata ??

I didn't know these games were remakes :3

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If all RE rumors would be true Capcom would be working in 2370420 RE titles at the same time.

But following their previous pattern (and leaked roadmap) they'd be only working in the next mainline numbered Resident Evil (RE9) and the next remake (who knows if RE5, RECV or RE1).

I think comercially maybe would make more sense to remake RE5 next, but I hink it's too early. I'd remake first RECV -even if isn't a big seller, but now that the series sales are at their highest point I think it's the best moment to do it-, then RE1 and after it I'd remake RE5.

Only Capcom and Sega can get away with this

This is why they’re making money rn when everyone else is fucked

Minimal creativity
Just spamming remakes
Welcome to the videogames.

Capcom has been making ports of old games/remasters/remakes since forever, which didn't affect to a lot of new games they also always released.

But well, the king of rehashing old stuff to sell it again is Nintendo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilms