Rumor (🧂): Silksong not coming anytime soon, game scope now far larger than originally announced.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Supposed information from someone who knows one of the devs. Take with a Grain of Salt as there's no source:

• There's a chance the game might show up at TGA 2024, Geoff has been in contact with Team Cherry but they didnt have a trailer to show at Gamescom 2024.
  • There's no release window, game scope is at minimum double the size of the original trailer announcement. At least over an extra year of waiting.
  • There' no marketing rights with Microsoft, despite Game Pass Deal.
  • Team Cherry work on the game is slow.
  • Game is set to have multiple unlockable characters besides Hornet (probably one of the reasons it's taking so long)
7W1e64R.jpeg

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Supposed information from someone who knows one of the devs. Take with a Grain of Salt as there's no source:

• There's a chance the game might show up at TGA 2024, Geoff has been in contact with Team Cherry but they didnt have a trailer to show at Gamescom 2024.
  • There's no release window, game scope is at minimum double the size of the original trailer announcement. At least over an extra year of waiting.
  • There' no marketing rights with Microsoft, despite Game Pass Deal.
  • Team Cherry work on the game is slow.
  • Game is set to have multiple unlockable characters besides Hornet (probably one of the reasons it's taking so long)
7W1e64R.jpeg
It's pretty sad how long it's taking, but yer, if they need to get it right and up to the polish of the first, so be it.

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Oh boy, yet another 8/16 bit indie game. Seriously, how do people care about this shit.
I too find it absolutely crazy that anyone cares about these types of games. I'm playing though the first game right now and the entire time I'm like "We've advanced past this primitive design. There's nothing new here."