[Rumor] Switch 2 codenamed "NG" | Two SKUs September 2024 release

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1696605942989.png
The info comes from the same person that the past few months has provided The Snitch with details and screenshots of Rise of the Ronin, which he went on to post on his Discord channel. On top of that, he was also the one to inform The Snitch about the development of a God of War: Ragnarok DLC

Still, grain of salt.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The Nintendo Switch 2 console will release in the last few months of 2024, and in two different models, according to rumors circulating online.

A few hours ago, Discord user SoldierDelta, who provided information and screenshots showcasing Team NINJA's Rise of the Ronin a while back on The Snitch's server, revealed that the new Nintendo consoles, whose internal name is NG, is targeting a September 2024 release, precisely on the 24th. The console, however, may also be released during November 2024, as there's apparently a "placeholder" for this window. Additionally, two models will be available at launch, a standard model that will retail for $449 US and a digital-only option that will retail for $400 US.

While SoldierDelta proved to have access to confidential information, we have to take everything they have revealed today with a grain of salt. Still, a September 2024 release date sounds extremely possible, considering some other recent findings that suggest a big marketing campaign planned from June to August 2024, possibly to support the console's release.

Source

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
EDIT: Also, that pricing is a bit much for what will more than likely be a PS4 Pro.

I just hope they improve the grips and make it more like the SteamDeck. The Switch is not very comfortable to hold without any accessories.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I just hope they improve the grips and make it more like the SteamDeck. The Switch is not very comfortable to hold without any accessories.
No kidding! When I got Pokemon Shield in 2019, I spent like 4 hours shiny hunting for a Chewtle in first area of the game and I did it all in handheld. Holding the console that long left me with some serious thumb pain and I couldn't play for about a week afterward while it healed. Ever since, I always play with a pro controller or a Skull & Co. grip case. The Joy Cons are just too small, especially for the weight of the tablet, for long gaming sessions.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No kidding! When I got Pokemon Shield in 2019, I spent like 4 hours shiny hunting for a Chewtle in first area of the game and I did it all in handheld. Holding the console that long left me with some serious thumb pain and I couldn't play for about a week afterward while it healed. Ever since, I always play with a pro controller or a Skull & Co. grip case. The Joy Cons are just too small, especially for the weight of the tablet, for long gaming sessions.
Yeah do not like the feel of Switch. My vita I could hold all day.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
EDIT: Also, that pricing is a bit much for what will more than likely be a PS4 Pro.

The joycons are one of the worst choices Nintendo ever made. Absolute shit across the board. I got excited when they announced the Lite with a unibody design, but then it's not actually a Switch either. Steam Deck got its industrial design so right, it's time for Nintendo to stop making hardware.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It sounds fake as hell. There's no reason for a Nintendo system to have a cartridge version and a no-cartrige version.
They have the same reason as the others, the storefront cut. Thankfully if this is true they are still being fair with it and only charging consumers about the price of the extra components.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They have the same reason as the others, the storefront cut. Thankfully if this is true they are still being fair with it and only charging consumers about the price of the extra components.

No, it is a stupid undertaking to create a cartridge format in 2023 and then discourage its use. With PS5/XSX, bluray already exists, and the media is cheap. If Nintendo wants to go all-digital, they should just do that.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
No, it is a stupid undertaking to create a cartridge format in 2023 and then discourage its use. With PS5/XSX, bluray already exists, and the media is cheap. If Nintendo wants to go all-digital, they should just do that.
There are reasons to maintain physical sales. Christmas presents, space of mind in retail stores, kids pushing adults to buy the title at Walmart, etc. Some customers are worth more to Nintendo in the physical realm, others in the virtual realm.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
There are reasons to maintain physical sales. Christmas presents, space of mind in retail stores, kids pushing adults to buy the title at Walmart, etc. Some customers are worth more to Nintendo in the physical realm, others in the virtual realm.
What do you think the material cost or physical build difference adds up to in a cartridge-less version? I doubt it adds more than $10.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What do you think the material cost or physical build difference adds up to in a cartridge-less version? I doubt it adds more than $10.
Twenty to thirty since they have to not only build it but design it to and support a distinct assemby-line. They round it to fifty, per the rumor, but are still far better than the other two.