Rumor: Xbox Reportedly Reviving Old Marvel Activision Games

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Speaking during the Xbox Era Podcast, Nick Baker stated that he heard Microsoft is working on relicensing the games. While they are quite old, Deadpool was released for the Xbox One and can be played on the current generation.

However, since Activision lost the rights several years ago, none of its Marvel games are currently available for purchase. Xbox seems to be attempting to deal with this problem.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Pretty much tells me they are not spending money to make new games. It's likr a few thousand bucks to renew a license.

Reactions: Shadow2027

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
If true, I hope they get license for the Xbox 360 game X-Men Origins: Wolverine as it's the only old licensed game that I want to play.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
They shouldn't be able to get any games renewed with X-Men characters due to the licensing deal Disney has with Sony.
If true, I hope they get license for the Xbox 360 game X-Men Origins: Wolverine as it's the only old licensed game that I want to play.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yay!

When out of ideas. Just do marvel.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
They’re going to try anything to mimic Sony’s powerful Marvel relationship. Not going to work.

Sony pretty much has all X-Men and Spider-Man characters exclusive.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
They shouldn't be able to get any games renewed with X-Men characters due to the licensing deal Disney has with Sony.
Considering Sony appears to have X-Men licence, I doubt this can happen.

I thought their deal was for future games through 2035? Don't see why it would affect an already existing old Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game especially if the game gets re-released for PlayStation which Microsoft would probably do.