Rumour | Sony has reportedly started handing out PlayStation 5 Pro devkits to game studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

PS547.png

Rumours about the PlayStation 5 Pro have been around well before the base console launched in 2020. Some of them ran wild, speculating that it would feature a dual-GPU setup. The PlayStation 5 has gone through multiple revisions since, even an SoC swap, but a Pro variant is nowhere on the horizon. That could change in the next year or two, according to a new report.

Industry insider Tez2 says that many developers have already received PS5 Pro devkits, or as they call it, "kits of mid-life upgrades". Those who haven't can expect to see one by early 2023. Unfortunately, Tez2 doesn't reveal much about its technical specifications. Besides, if the recently unveiled PlayStation 5 devkits are anything to go by, its specs will be nothing like the retail version. Among other things, it will likely pack a beefier AMD APU sprinkled with some RDNA 3 magic, a better cooling solution to keep thermals in check and hopefully, a 2 TB hard drive.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Smfh if true! I know I will hit even though I shouldn't. FML I just spent $598 on psvr 2!!!

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Apparently these are old news and OP has requested to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.