S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 currently running at 25 FPS on Xbox Series S, GSC Game World still working on optimization.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
stalker-2-screenshots.jpg

During a recent interview with the chief producer, Slava Lukyanenka, the subject of the Xbox Series S was raised, and according to his words, the game is currently running at 25 FPS on the Series S. Xbox series X will offer two performance modes, quality and performance.

WebSite: “I think the Xbox Series S is the most difficult platform to optimize, because it's weaker than the others.”

Slava Lukyanenka: “In our case, it's quite feasible. On Xbox Series X, we have two modes available. One is Performance Mode, where the game runs at 60 FPS and with slightly different graphics than Quality Mode, which looks amazing with all the reflections and textures in high resolution, but runs at 30 FPS. We're trying to achieve a similar experience on Xbox Series S by combining these two approaches.”

“Does this mean that the game will run at 30 FPS on Xbox Series S with the same settings as the 60 FPS mode on Xbox Series X?”

Slava Lukyanenka: “Not yet. So far, we're running at around 25 FPS on Xbox Series S, but we still have room to optimize.”

Reactions: Entropi

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Not surprising, it's an UE5 game. It's an heavy engine, especially the more you use some of the graphical features on offer.
I like the transparency from the Stalker team, and wish them good fortune on the launch. They've had a rough time(an understatement).

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
Paul Tassi already writing "According to my secret sources..."

It doesn't even make sense. Sony can't shut up about exclusivity deals. If they had Wukong, they'd let you know about it, like they always do.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Tassi or Jez about to “report” sony has deal in place to have games running poorly on series s.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Microsoft should Advertise the Series S under the banner of the Radiation edition.

-Experience authentic gameplay like you're suffering from radiation sickness, "Play the game at a semi-fluid 20-25 fps"
-Toxic Green edition console.
-Rusted controller with batteries that need replacing every 30 minutes,

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Sony must'v cut a deal. Wait...
Although I want give these devs some slack. Jim Ryan was completely right about the S.