Scorn has reached over 2 million players

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The problem with metrics like this is it feels like microsoft telling the company it makes it good pr, it promotes them and gamepass as a success.

The issue is those downloads don’t translate into actual sales when ported to another platform or when they are ready to release a sequel outside of gamepass. For their own studios they dont have to worry about it but 3rd parties are basically on their own when it comes to selling games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The problem with metrics like this is it feels like microsoft telling the company it makes it good pr, it promotes them and gamepass as a success.

The issue is those downloads don’t translate into actual sales when ported to another platform or when they are ready to release a sequel outside of gamepass. For their own studios they dont have to worry about it but 3rd parties are basically on their own when it comes to selling games.
They don't even translate into people playing it. A 10 second session counts as a "player".

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Awful low numbers as usual. All these "players" numbers are not impressive. Plague Tale, Hifi Rush, Ghostwire, Deathloop all flopped in sales and player numbers.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They don't even translate into people playing it. A 10 second session counts as a "player".

Yeah, thats part of the problem people downloading the game doesn’t mean they are engaging with it for very long which means its not translating into creating an audience.

• they're_right_you_know

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Ahh, another useless metric. Why do developers insist on these and why do they think people are idiots?
It’s not complete useless I tells u a lot. It’s tells u the game failed and gamepass is a failure. I took 9months to reach 2million players and over a decade to develop. Something like stray had 4.5 million downloads on psplus and sold 2.5 million copies in 3months.

• fire