Sega acquisition when? /S

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Post in thread '[IGN] Microsoft Lays Off 1,900 Staff From Its Video Game Workforce'

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ig...ts-video-game-workforce.809208/post-118131813

"We've been gaslighted by pro-acquisition people over the last two years that capitalism won't do the thing it always will. Been spun a tale about how this merger will result in improved job security and that regulators like the FTC should be defunded for daring to oppose it. Dissenters got dogpiled and thread banned in the only discussion thread permitted on the forum.

You can interpret this as "platform warring" if you want but I am livid that people are losing their jobs and having years of work amount to nothing, including those who worked for my favourite developer. Inevitably the thing that many of us feared came to pass.

I think there is a lot more to discuss here than posts about "thoughts and prayers", there needs to be some introspection among games players, that cheering on these mega mergers does not result in more competition and innovation nor does it benefit the workers. Phil Spencer with his 8 figure salary is not your friend, those gamer t-shirts he wears does not mean he's going to bring back fan favourites from the '90s and the promise of unionisation does not mean there won't be mass layoffs.

Or we can go back to fantasising about Xbox buying Sega because it totally won't happen again, the next time will be different."

If I hear one single person ask for Microsoft to acquire another developer or publisher...

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Well yeah how is sega gonna make their next console if they are acquired by microsoft!

But in all seriousness sony nintendo or whatever else that wants to buy a company is bad for the business. Its anti capitalism to do so imo. If acti was projected to crash and burn then why save them? They keep making those stupid cod games that seems to have just ruined the fps genre.

26 Nov 2023
Or we can go back to fantasising about Xbox buying Sega because it totally won't happen again, the next time will be different.

Lmao. There was one post that always lived rent free in my head. I think it was when the CEO of Sega or someone spoke about their relationship with Xbox and a user commented

"That special relationship ♥"

Lol I'll never get over it. The fantasy is strong

• haha
Reactions: Entropi and voke

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
That dude got banned for that. lol

Why do people post at Reset?
If he had posted something like that about PlayStation the forum would have given him a standing ovation like they did for the guy who wrote an essay about how MS should buy everything to punish PlayStation for having exclusives and even bringing up fanboy grievances going back to the 90s.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
If he had posted something like that about PlayStation the forum would have given him a standing ovation like they did for the guy who wrote an essay about how MS should buy everything to punish PlayStation for having exclusives and even brining up fanboy grievances going back to the 90s.
Man id love to read this post lol

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Being vilified for speaking facts is way more common than it should be these days. Truth and reality are undefeated, though. Sooner or later, the house of cards comes down.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I know they were banned but that post is still way too polite about everything that went on during the acquisition.

The gaming discourse will never be the same after all that. It was just awful and Era was the breeding ground for all of it 🤮