Sega plans to release its first "Super Game" by the end of March 2026

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
sega.jpg
According to Sega's latest reports, Sega plans to release its first "Super Game" by the end of March 2026

"Under the current-medium term plan, we are actively investing in reinforcing our earnings base through the global branding of existing IPs."

“Super Game” involves the concept of a game that stands head and shoulders above normal games.

• haha
Reactions: Nym

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
sega.jpg
According to Sega's latest reports, Sega plans to release its first "Super Game" by the end of March 2026

The Sega document says that one of the core strategies of that 5 years period is the creation of a "Super Game" (their name for AAA MP GaaS). That 5 years period goes from 2021/3 to 2026/3.

Doesn't mean that they plan to release it before 2026/3, they mean to create it. Nowadays AAA MP GaaS games aren't made in under 5 years, specially when they are the first one from that developer.

In addition to this, the document is old. As I remember the screenshots are from the Sega Annual Report 2021 or 2022 I posted the other day in other thread. But well, these mid and long term strategies continue being active.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Super game in expected quality or revenue?
It could be a GaaS that will fail.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Súper game sounds cheesy AF. A Saturn mini with translated japanese games including Bulk Slash... that would be super, outstanding and radical among others.

Reactions: toadsage44

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Suoer game in expected quality or revenue?
As I remember they defined it as a large budget multiplatform and online multiplayer game that would get support during several years after launch, that they expect to generate a big amount of revenue.

So a AAA GaaS title. They use that name, in the same way MS calls these games "a platform".

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
As I remember they defined it as a large budget multiplatform and online multiplayer game that would get support during several years after launch, that they expect to generate a big amount of revenue.

So a AAA GaaS title. They use that name, in the same way MS calls these games "a platform".
Ok, good luck to them. They need it