Sega trademarks Altered Beast, Eternal Champions, Kid Chameleon, and JSR in Japan

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Eternal Champions is one of the best fight game franchises ever bad and it’s criminal that sega just let the ip rot for years. They even excluded it from most of their genesis collections.
Damn I didn't even peep tht there. Yeah I remember playing tht too, it was good.

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Such gd times with Altered Beast and Kid Chameleon. When I opened that Sega Genesis and played Altered Beast for first time I was in awe.
i found altered beast so damn difficult

I remember this from the arcade, i used to love the sounds lol

I also have this on my ps5, fuck this game is so hard lol

24 Jun 2022
Eternal Champions is one of the best fight game franchises ever bad and it’s criminal that sega just let the ip rot for years. They even excluded it from most of their genesis collections.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The Sega CD version made a lot of improvements and the series had potential, but the Genesis original is very rough to play. Even at the time there were way better alternatives.

Too bad the planned Saturn sequel never came about because SoJ wanted to push Virtua Fighter instead. Even if there was room back then for both. So at least they seem to be wising up now.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. The Sega CD version made a lot of improvements and the series had potential, but the Genesis original is very rough to play. Even at the time there were way better alternatives.

Too bad the planned Saturn sequel never came about because SoJ wanted to push Virtua Fighter instead. Even if there was room back then for both. So at least they seem to be wising up now.

Tbh it might have been the correct decision. Vf seems to play better iirc.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i found altered beast so damn difficult

I remember this from the arcade, i used to love the sounds lol

I also have this on my ps5, fuck this game is so hard lol

OH I loved Rygar. Man so many memories. Remember the original Strider on Nintendo? I loved tht game.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
OH I loved Rygar. Man so many memories. Remember the original Strider on Nintendo? I loved tht game.
not on nintenfo but on my mega-drive was my favorite ever game, the music at the start of the game is mindblowing

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd bet they trademarked Jet Set Radio for the remake/sequel, but in case of Altered Beast, Eternal Champions and Kid Chameleon I'd bet it's only to include the original games emulated in some game sub, mostly the Nintendo one.

Reactions: Gamernyc78