Shadow of The Erdtree has sold 5 million units worldwide - Fastest selling DLC in history

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I know there is a different of days between the releases but that is less than half of what Elden Ring sold at launch.
That makes a interesting discussion about how many gamers that brought the game really buys the DLC?

At least at launch it doesn't seem to get most of buyers the interest.

For a DLC it is really great numbers but I wonder what companies needs to do do make DLCs sells more in the game base... reaching 80-90 of the game installed base... plus these numbers probably includes even the complete edition for new owners that are people that didn't buy the original... that tells you tha even less original owners brought the DLC.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I know there is a different of days between the releases but that is less than half of what Elden Ring sold at launch.
That makes a interesting discussion about how many gamers that brought the game really buys the DLC?

At least at launch it doesn't seem to get most of buyers the interest.

For a DLC it is really great numbers but I wonder what companies needs to do do make DLCs sells more in the game base... reaching 80-90 of the game installed base... plus these numbers probably includes even the complete edition for new owners that are people that didn't buy the original... that tells you tha even less original owners brought the DLC.

It's an impossibility, so many people don't even complete games.
Heck, a lot of players don't get even halfway through the game. These people won't be buying a DLC, they've already had their time with the game.

Elden Ring even actively tries to dissuade you from buying it by gating the new zone with optional bosses requirements and a decently expensive pricetag of $40 USD(for a DLC).

Reactions: ethomaz

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Well deserved, congratulations to fromsoftware
full.jpeg

Reactions: ethomaz

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
5 million DLC sales in a week is ridiculous.

bamco is going to miss from dearly

We are humbled to announce that ELDEN RING Shadow of the Erdtree, the action RPG title from Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. and FromSoftware, Inc., has reached 5 million units sold worldwide within three days of its release. This milestone is the result of the tremendous support from fans all over the world, to whom we express our heartfelt gratitude.

Unless Bandai Namco Europe intern screwed up, it's 5M within 3 days, not a week.

• Informative
Reactions: voke