Shadow of The Erdtree offers over 65 hours of content, over half of the size of the main game

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Miyazaki is a liar. Shadow of the Erdtree is more than half the size of Elden Ring. It is a massive expansion that shatters expectations, and I've played 65 hours of it and am still discovering new places and items as of last night.

The map of Shadow of the Erdtree is better designed than the base Elden Ring. Its smaller size means various gorgeous and nightmarish areas interlock and loop within, over and under each other like a massive Zelda/Souls dungeon across a continent.

One boss in "Shadow of the Erdtree" took me 4 days to kill, longer than my previous FromSoft boss record of 3 days to kill Malenia and Isshin. It might be the hardest fight ever conceived. When I finally beat it, my body was literally trembling.

• party
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Hellblade 2 = 5 hours

Elden Ring DLC = 65 hours

Fed Ex Wow GIF by NASCAR on NBC

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
It's not 65. It will be around 30-40 hours for the average player. Which is still insanely good.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
It's a shame the gameplay is

Wait
Walk backwards/dodge
Lunge/attack
Rinse and repeat

Spare me the NAWW DOG ITS PROPER DEEP, GIT GUD SCRUB YALL SUCK AT THE GAME LOLOLOL

Bloodborne was at least interesting.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: samoth and Orangee

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes 65 hours includes 4 days trying to beat one boss according to Gene.

That probably ate 12-15 hours.

Reactions: Entropi

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
they said Elden Ring was "easily 100 hours' and I cleared it and all if its major bosses in under 50. Second run took me 15 hours.

im guessing this DLC will take me about 20 hours.

most people are trash at fromsoftware games, if you know how to play their game, just cut the estimate 1/2 lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: saltyashell

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
they said Elden Ring was "easily 100 hours' and I cleared it and all if its major bosses in under 50. Second run took me 15 hours.

im guessing this DLC will take me about 20 hours.

most people are trash at fromsoftware games, if you know how to play their game, just cut the estimate 1/2 lol
Yeah, the the guy who reviewed it on Angry Joe Show said he was able to complete it in about 20, but his main was over level 200 it seems.