SIE Senior Vice President & Head Of Global Marketing Eric Lampel, Now A Part of Bungie Board Of Directors

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Makes sense

Was wondering how this was gonna manifest.

So Bungie keeps its board and adds Sony peeps to it. Interesting. They have that cbs woman on there too.

I believe they just replaced the person in charge of destiny ip adaptation for tv/film with someone from Sony as well. Related? Probably.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Expected, Bungie is a fully owned subsidiary of Sony, so it's normal that Sony will put some of their folks in Bungie, and that will move some Bungie guy to other place in Sony.

I assume that in this case what this guy will do will be to integrate Bungie's marketing inside SIE's marketing team and marketing roadmap.

Was wondering how this was gonna manifest.

So Bungie keeps its board and adds Sony peeps to it. Interesting. They have that cbs woman on there too.

I believe they just replaced the person in charge of destiny ip adaptation for tv/film with someone from Sony as well. Related? Probably.
In big global corporations, many divisions, regional offices or in this cases publishers or development studios are companies too. Fully (like in the case of Bungie) or partially owned by the global corporation, but still companies. So they have their CEOs, board of directors, etc.

After an acquisition typically the acquirer puts someone of their folks between the higher ups of the acquired, and since when hiring companies prefer to hire a guy from inside the corporation than from outside (mostly because requires less training / integration time, which increases productivity), typically there's some small rotation between their different teams.

In this case, maybe some folk moved from Insomniac to ND or from MM to Sony London in that internal rotation, now they can move easily from or to Bungie.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
His first suggestion: "Guys I think we should focus our development efforts on a single platform on release. At the very least we should delay the launch on the platform that sells the least copies."

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well that is the noraml after all Bungie decisions comes from Sony.
Being a independent subsidiary doesn't mean you don't report and take orders from the parent company.