Silent Hill 2 Remake Wikipedia page locked after salty fans try to rewrite its critically-acclaimed reception

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Wikipedia has had to lock down the Silent Hill 2 Remake page after repeated vandalism from editors who refuse to accept that the remake of Konami's seminal horror game released to critical acclaim earlier this week.

Outright lies around the games reception and metacritic score - including one edit that said the game had "received the worst reviews imaginable" - means the page has now been put into a semi-protected state to stop unregistered users from making wild, unsubstantiated claims, including one that said Eurogamer had awarded it 0/5 stars when, in fact, it got top marks.
It's unclear what's motivating the edits, although its presumed by some to have been fuelled by the nauseating discourse that the game is "woke" because of changes made to the characters facial features and clothing.

Alternatively, it may stem from some fans' dismayed that Silent Hill 2 has been remade by Bloober Team or, indeed, at all.

Though its still early days and the only people who've got their hands on the game so far have stumped up for the deluxe edition that comes with early access - which naturally may lead to a positive bias - Silent Hill 2 Remake is sitting on an "overwhelming positive" user score on Steam, too.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Another PS exclusive getting this weird hate campaign. They should be celebrating Bloober made such a good job and Konami will invest more in the series.

There's also this video that is getting a lot of attention. So many remakes but this one is getting all the hate suddenly? We know why 😒

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I think Bloober are utter shite developers but I wouldn't be as pathetic to want Silent Hill 2 Remake to be shit. You'd have to be a fucking loser to want a game to fail before release. I expected the worst as I based my opinion on Bloober's output to date. I'm still not getting the game until after the honeymoon period. I'd love to be proven wrong after that honeymoon period.

All Might

10 Jul 2024
So now they ban realists for stating the facts? Seems like wikipedia is another woke leftist communist propaganda tool.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Fucking cancel culture and karens. Why is this woke? Isnt it a simple remake with not much changes?
I dont think the anti woke crowd are behind this one, there is a cult of silent hill purists that are almost fanatical in their belief of maintaining the purity of the original games. Add in Bloober remaking their prized Silent Hill 2 and even if the game scored 95+ they still wont let it go

I am happy to eat crow as Bloober have truly exceeded expectations from the 5 hrs I have put in till now

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
These people need to find something more constructive to do...

I dont think the anti woke crowd are behind this one, there is a cult of silent hill purists that are almost fanatical in their belief of maintaining the purity of the original games. Add in Bloober remaking their prized Silent Hill 2 and even if the game scored 95+ they still wont let it go

I am happy to eat crow as Bloober have truly exceeded expectations from the 5 hrs I have put in till now
Xbots masquerading as "Silent Hill purists". Don't be fooled.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
tumblr_mlsi2aulhw1r70ozfo2_500.gif

XBOTS

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Xbots masquerading as "Silent Hill purists". Don't be fooled.
No there is genuinely a cult like fandom for silent hill, There was a guy on the purple forum who just yesterday posted that whatever the critics and user ratings may be it still wont convince him that the remake is anything but garbage.

I dont understand honestly, the game has been nearly faithfully remade 1:1 with the original. This should be taken as a win by the hardcore fanboys, it maybe deranged xbots but I think its more likely the deranged cultists of the original games.

Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There is definitely fandom that will hate on the redesigns. I like the “new” Jill from REmake 3 but she still isn’t anywhere close to the original in my eyes for instance. So it goes… it’s not the worst criticism; won’t hold.