Silent Hill: The Short Message tops three million downloads

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
SH-Short-Message_07-30-24-1024x576.jpg

Silent Hill: The Short Message have surpassed three million downloads, Konami announced.

The new Silent Hill experience launched for PlayStation 5 via PlayStation Store as a free download on January 31. It surpassed one million downloads on February 5, and two million downloads on February 12.

Here is an overview of the game, via Konami:

Following messages from her friend Maya, Anita finds herself at a crumbling apartment block, infamous for rumors of suicides.
Drawn inside, Anita soon finds her sense of reality shattered as she encounters bizarre, otherworldly spaces and twisted monsters.
Maya’s message was clear—“can’t leave til you find it”—but what is it that Anita is really looking for?

An all-new, modern Silent Hill experience, powered by the latest in game technology, now available free to play exclusively on PlayStation 5.

Source

Ico

Banned
8 May 2024
Even being feee never had interest in download it.

I hope these that tried it did enjoy.

its a very short game, with almost to no puzzles (and the ones they did are super easy) but the story is interesting and there is one chase segment that is super intense, plus the monster design is amazing, some people already call it sakura head lol

the trauma stuff is not very subtle, to the point it can be kinda funny at times, but i liked the ending, its a 6/10 for me, nice for a free experience i think

if im not mistaken the writter of silent hill f was involved in this one, they set some new things on the general sh lore that can ease the fans to their next main game

Reactions: ethomaz

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I really hope SH2 does well. I really do. I want that great franchise to return in a big way. Same goes for MGS. But I seriously have my doubts.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if Konami would ever rerelease PT but with out Norman in it so they don't have to pay royalties for his likeness. Would be a cool pre order bonus for SH2 remake or Silent Hill f down the line