Single Player Gamers - Why do you dislike multiplayer?

What reason(s) do you dislike multiplayer games? (Choose up to 3 of your biggest issues)

• No pause button. Life in my house is hectic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too hectic. I prefer playing at my own pace.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I hate having to play in a team setting. (I'm a lone wolf)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • My internet is unreliable. I'm afraid of losing connection mid match.

• Toxicity. Hearing people say awful things gives me anxiety/discomfort.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No story. I really come to games to watch cutscenes/dialogue/narrative.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I'm not competitive in nature. Competition stresses me out.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Too repetitive. I like longer gameplay loops.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other... (Please explain below)

• Total voters

Men_in_Boxes

Veteran
18 Aug 2024
p-ong.gif

Can you identify what it is about multiplayer games that repells you?

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Only 1 choice possible currently.

- No story.
- Having to rely on others.
- Having to rely on an internet connection. (I dislike SP games with forced internet connection too).
- Having to rely on the publisher not shutting down the servers.
- Gets boring really fast.
- "New" trends in GaaS with dailies/weeklies/seasonal tasks feel like work instead of gaming.

Reactions: Umar

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
Because I hate dealing with people? Not to the degree of autism, but I just like to be alone when I play games. If I want company I’ll ask real life friends out.

Reactions: arvfab

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I voted a few reasons, but the main one is lack of story. When I play games, I see a 'beginning-middle-end' due to a story being told. A game that lasts forever, with repeating actions, doesn't interest me. Plus, just like with books and shows/movies, I enjoy the stories people come up with. Being able to interact with them in video games is just an added bonus.

Reactions: arvfab

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Probably add alot have bad gameplay and loops. The games that are decent usually get flooded with hackers really quickly

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I love multi-player games, but they need to be local MP or at least LAN party type events.

I hate feeling like they are trying to rip me off of my money instead of being made to provide fun.
I don't like playing with strangers on internet, and don't see the point of dong it it friends who are at a distance.
Often thimes the loop is mindnumbingly boring.
I don't like the type of progression they offer (it makes them unfair as far as games go).

I could go on a rant, I don't even let my kids play online games, like I don't let them smoke or do hard drugs.

Toxicity, as in trash talk, is probably the only thing I like about online gaming.