So now that all summer shows from the big three are done what 2 announcements do you wish we had that we didn't get?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Please limit this two only two and not everything like "I wished Sony revealed TLOU 3, Uncharted 5, Bluepoints's next remake, Bluepoints new IP, Sony Bends New Game, Returnal 2, Ico Remake, and Bloodborne 2!"
So Please keep this down to the 2 games you wish we had announced this month?

For me it would be Nah just kidding amigo.

I am so thankful Nintendo didn't forget about mario and Luigi and announced a new one for THIS YEAR!
But I really wished We got a new Star Fox Game announced. F-Zero would of been a great choice but there are so many racing games I wished we got top see anew HD Star Fox that doesn't control weird like Zero.
The other would be a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes remaster! I almost choice a remaster of the original 4 dot hack games on the PS2 but....
The reason being Now that Metroid prime 4 is finally shown off after 7 years and 5 days of being announced all the way back in June of 2017 and showing Sylux in it. AS awesome as it is to have Metroid Zero Mission come to Switch Online it was not needed now.
We need to hurry up and get some previous Metroid Prime games on the Switch ASAP. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes needs to be ported/remastered now so we can get Metroid Prime Hunters from the DS remastered which has the first appearance of Sylux and then Metroid Prime 3: Corruption out and the secret ending of the game has Sylux's ship follow you.
Now the hottest take in this thread and that is we also need a Metroid Prime Federation Force remastered since that game also has Sylux appear in it if you unlock the secret ending as well. (Maybe Federation Force can be bundled with Hunters?)
Sylux being a big deal in MP4 would be weird with so much of his previous lore being locked to older systems. Yo0u could play Metroid Prime Trilogy and Hunters on Wii U if you purchased them before the eShop closed earlier this year but we need to start getting the previous Metroid Prime games on switch or switch 2.

But if Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered will be revealed and release later this year then it would be the dot hack first 4 games collection.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Was hoping to see a Hollow Knight 2 somewhere, it feels like an awful long time since we have heard anything about the game.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Thought we'd get Ghost of Tsushima 2 announcement this summer lol.

Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with PlayStation for this year.

Hopefully we'll see GOT2 at the rumored September showcase

Reactions: Sircaw

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
There's a bunch of stuff that "should" have been there but wasn't.

Would have liked Ara History Untold (the Civ clone/competitor) to have shown up at the MS conference with a release date in tow.
Would have liked Nintendo to unveil a new account system, which they created an entirely new company to work on over a year ago and should hopefully be ready before Switch 2 so where the hell is it?

And then all the moon shots.
Where is BGE2?
Where is Ever Wild?
Where is Silk Song, for those who care about it?
Where is Judas, which is out in under nine months and had some recent private event?
Where is the mysterious Activision Australia game that was greenlit four or so years back? That studio got really big cuts after the merge but nobody has leaked out the game and its status wrt cancellation yet.
Where is S&box?
Where is the leaked Oblivion remake? And where is TES VI?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Big AAA games from Sony, their internal studios are extremely slow now while in the past they used to be the most productive in the industry.

By this point last gen we had gotten new IPs like Bloodborne, Horizon and Until Dawn as well as many sequels.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Thought we'd get Ghost of Tsushima 2 announcement this summer lol.

Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with PlayStation for this year.

Hopefully we'll see GOT2 at the rumored September showcase
I would of thought so sure that would of happen by now considering the game just got a PC port. Like how Horizon Forbidden West was announced shortly after Horizon Zero Dawn released on PC.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
From the games we know are coming, Final Fantasy IX remake and Tactics remaster.

Other reveals, FFXIII remaster collection and Fallout New Vegas remake
I keep forgetting about the FF IX Remake. I wonder when it will be revealed?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Something that looks worth buying after summer for 2024… not much of interest.

Warhammer looks like it could be a good time. Dragon Age is on the radar even tho I expect a dumpster fire…

Strong first half of the year but I feel that Elden Ring expansion pretty much caps off the year early.

Time to explore the backlog to kill time before stuff like Marathon, Doom and Death Stranding 2 drop.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Something that looks worth buying after summer for 2024… not much of interest.

Warhammer looks like it could be a good time. Dragon Age is on the radar even tho I expect a dumpster fire…

Strong first half of the year but I feel that Elden Ring expansion pretty much caps off the year early.

Time to explore the backlog to kill time before stuff like Marathon, Doom and Death Stranding 2 drop.
Maybe you should try out the hd project mod for RE4

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Maybe you should try out the hd project mod for RE4

I got 3 RE games on my PS5 right now; that’s in the backlog todo list. Longtime fan but need to get thru RE8 and REmake 3. Didn’t get REmake 4 yet since I get these from psn flash sales for like 15 bucks… maybe. I’ve played RE4 more than any other 3x over and that may be enough.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
  • Bloodborne 2: but this summer wouldn't be a good moment because they want to keep the attention now on Elden Ring DLC and the Sony games to be released this year
  • Cory's new IP: It would be the registered Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet, but I think they may announce it this fall and won't release this year, so again I think it's smarter to keep the spotlight on games to be released sooner
  • Uncharted 5: even if it's the single player project where ND moved after TLOU2, I think it's too early to be announced if it started around early 2021. I think they'll need 2-3 years more, will want to wait to be super close to release to avoid the risk of having another TLOU Online case where they annouced it too early and later gets heavily changed or cancelled
I would of thought so sure that would of happen by now considering the game just got a PC port. Like how Horizon Forbidden West was announced shortly after Horizon Zero Dawn released on PC.
They released GoT mid 2020, GoT Legends late 2020 and GoT DLC+DC+PS5 SKU in 2021.

So I'd say it's too early, makes more sense to expect its release for minimum 2025 or 2026.

Last edited: