So The need for a PS5 Pro is already showing.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

The game is upscaling from 720p!

This is the 4th Unreal 5 game to come out and so far, it's looking to be very taxing on consoles.

Reason: Lumen + Nanite tech. Lumen is pretty much ray tracing of UE5 and Nanite greatly improves geometry of texture work.

3 of the 4 games use this tech and they all suffer from low resolution on consoles.
Fortnite - averages 1080p/60, drops as low as 864p
Immortals of Aveum - 720p/60
Remnant 2 - 720p/60

The one that does not is Layers of Fear and no surprise it hits 4k. Very linear game too (walking simulator).

guess we will find out how Lords of the Fallen will do, but it's confirmed to be using all of UE5's bells & whistles so don't expect higher than 1080p. Not much to do with optimization here, it's the latest & greatest tech that consoles are struggling with. Just look at Fortnite's before and after comparison. We are back to fuzzy 720p images of 360/PS3 era for any Unreal 5 game.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon and EDMIX

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yes and the PC fanboys are all over twitter crapping on PS5, saying that it isn't powerful enough and many games with raytracing have already proven we need it.

So, I hope they go all out.

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is due Unreal Engine 5 being shit.

The needs for a PS5 Pro is the same as for a PS4 Pro.
I played all games on launch PS4 and had no issue.

It just a plus for these that want something better but no game will take the potential of a Pro machine because it will still be made for base PS5.
That doesn't deny the clear advantages of better resolution and/or framerate of a Pro machine.

It just not needed... it an optional choice.... you won't miss any PS5 game experience with base PS5.

PS. Devs needs to stop to go easy and use UE... they can get better results with lower hardware specs with others engines.

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Yes and the PC fanboys are all over twitter crapping on PS5, saying that it isn't powerful enough and many games with raytracing have already proven we need it.

So, I hope they go all out.

Arent PS5 and XSX both essentially running RTX 2070 tier GPUs? Theres a lot of headroom to be made.