Some fun facts of the Astro Bot game credits

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I went to Moby Games to check the game credits and filled an excel file to check how many Astro Bot's Team Asobi 69 credited devs worked in previous Japan Studio (including their XDEV team) games *
  • Astro's Playroom: 39 devs
  • Astro Bot: Rescue Mission: 20 devs
  • The Last Guardian: 12
  • Puppeteer: 12
  • Knack 2: 11
  • Knack: 10
  • Gravity Rush 2: 9
  • Gravity Rush 1/Remaster: 5
  • Siren Blood Curse: 5
  • Demon's Souls remake: 4
  • Forbidden Siren 2: 4
  • PlayStation Move Ape Escape: 4
  • Kung Fu Rider: 4
  • Ape Escape 3: 3
  • Ico: 2
  • GT 6: 2
  • GT 5: 2
  • Eye of Judgement: 2
  • GT Sport: 1
  • Shadow of the Colossus: 1
  • Vib-Ripple: 1
  • The Last Guy: 1
  • Everybody's Golf: 1
  • Deracine: 1
  • Fantavision: 1
  • Flipnic: 1
  • Ape Escape Pumped & Primed: 1
  • Ape Escape: 1
* = not counting people from other SIE teams -including Japanese- or freelancers who worked with them many times

Fun facts:
  • The game credits feature 725 people: 514 professional roles (of which, 69 of them gamedevs from Team Asobi), 211 thanks
  • Uncharted's theme remix composed by the composer of the Uncharted games (except Lost Legacy)
  • GoW theme remix composed by the composer of GoW 2018 and GoWR
  • Horizon's theme remix composed by the composers of the Horizon games
  • Several devs hired in recent years -when still were a Japan Studio team- come from Sega (including multiple who worked in several Sonic games), Square Enix (including games like Final Fantasy or Valkyrie Elyseum), Dimps / Capcom (including Street Fighter or DMC devs)
  • "Special thanks for contributing to the creation of this game" includes among other Ken Kutaragi, Shuhei Yoshida, Jim Ryan and Terry Bogard
  • In addition to the typical internal Sony support teams, there are also external support teams who worked on it like Virtuos Ltd or Velan Studios
  • There's a "IP Franchise Expansion" and a "IP Preservation" team in the credits
  • Uses Havok engine for the physics, like Breath of the Wild, Crash Nitro Kart or Second Life

Reactions: anonpuffs and Zzero

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hey @Yurinka was the Uncharted theme remix composed by Greg Edmonson or Henry Jackman?

And I found the Horizon theme remix to be the most disappointing. It stripped away everything good about the theme. In-fact I found the entire level to be dull, with only the end boss being entertaining.

Edit: nvm, I realized you posted a link so I checked. Very interesting they got Greg Edmonson back to do the themes after what Neil Druckmann and company did to him after Amy left

But makes sense as the remix was extremely excellent like his previous work.

OP
OP
Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hey @Yurinka was the Uncharted theme remix composed by Greg Edmonson or Henry Jackman?

And I found the Horizon theme remix to be the most disappointing. It stripped away everything good about the theme. In-fact I found the entire level to be dull, with only the end boss being entertaining.

Edit: nvm, I realized you posted a link so I checked. Very interesting they got Greg Edmonson back to do the themes after what Neil Druckmann and company did to him after Amy left

But makes sense as the remix was extremely excellent like his previous work.
Yes, it was Greg. What you mention about the Horizon theme happened a bit to me with the Uncharted theme, because I love it and loved to hear it there but ---despite being remixed, that's ok for me specially as it would be to adapt it to the style of the Astro game- there is a part of the song that is pretty different, so felt it a bir weird to me (but I loved the homage and the stage in general).

What happened to him? Do you mean not working with him in Lost Legacy and putting there only Henry Jackman as composer? Maybe ND didn't put both composers because considered Lost Legacy as a smaller, cheaper, lower tier product. So they only did put their in-house composer.

Last edited: