Sony 2024: Where are the Games?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Naughty Dog has yet another Remaster of Last of Us (we now have more remasters than orginal games)

Wolverine may not come in 2024?

There's Rise of The Ronin which looks like a low budget Ghost of Tsushima

So what does Sony have planned for 2024? It’s time literally any studio under Sony’s umbrella other than Insomniac provide a meaningful update.

Hopefully we get something at the Game Awards

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Naughty Dog has yet another Remaster of Last of Us (we now have more remasters than orginal games)

Wolverine may not come in 2024?

There's Rise of The Ronin which looks like a low budget Ghost of Tsushima

So what does Sony have planned for 2024? It’s time literally any studio under Sony’s umbrella other than Insomniac provide a meaningful update.

Hopefully we get something at the Game Awards
You just wait for that Bloodborne remaster and sequel to be announced.

Something big is coming.

Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

• fire
Reactions: laynelane

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This thread pops up every few weeks..... PS5 in 2024 is STACKED

Wolverine, Phantom Blade 0, and Death Stranding might be pushed to 2025, but 2024 still has a lot of PS5 console exclusives. There are also a lot of multiplat 3rd party bangers coming.

There'll definitely be at least 1 guaranteed Sony 1st party game next year that'll be announced in the coming months. As bad as this might sound, I honestly don't need a Sony 1st party game next year, I already have a ton of games I'm buying day 1. Let them take their time and they'll announced when they're ready.

2024 we're gonna have the problem of too much to play - not enough time.

F-3kD2ibUAAHrRl.png

f6oddrfbwaacskc-jpg.png

F2x9K3fXEAAGzeL.png

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Wolverine, Phantom Blade 0, and Death Stranding might be pushed to 2025, but 2024 still has a lot of PS5 console exclusives. There are also a lot of multiplat 3rd party bangers coming.

There'll definitely be at least 1 guaranteed Sony 1st party game next year that'll be announced in the coming months. As bad as this might sound, I honestly don't need a Sony 1st party game next year, I already have a ton of games I'm buying day 1. Let them take their time and they'll announced when they're ready.

F-3kD2ibUAAHrRl.png

f6oddrfbwaacskc-jpg.png

F2x9K3fXEAAGzeL.png
Why would you think Death Stranding will be delayed? It's been 4.5 years already and there is no sign of struggled development

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Day 1 purchases for me in 2024:

Console exclusive:
- FF7Rebirth
- Rise of the Ronin
- Stellar Blade
- Silent Hill 2 (hopefully bloober doesn't mess it up)
- Granblue Fantasy Relink
- Foamstars (if its not f2p)
- TLOU2 Remastered ($10 upgrade)
- Bulletstorm PSVR2

Multiplat:
- Yakuza Infinite Wealth
- Prince of Persia Lost Crown
- Star Wars Outlaws (if not delayed)
- Metaphor ReFantazio

Games that I'll buy but not day 1:
- Persona 3 Reload
- Black Myth Wukong
- Dragon's Dogma 2
- Suicide Squad
- Hellblade 2

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Why would you think Death Stranding will be delayed? It's been 4.5 years already and there is no sign of struggled development
Technically, it wouldn't be a delay since there's no release date. But what I meant was that I keep hearing people say it's not a 2024 game and that it'll be 2025. I'm just saying either one could happen. Hopefully it is 2024.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Technically, it wouldn't be a delay since there's no release date. But what I meant was that I keep hearing people say it's not a 2024 game and that it'll be 2025. I'm just saying either one could happen. Hopefully it is 2024.
I think they are wrong if they think Death Stranding will take more time. The first game started from absolute scratch and took less than 4 years. The sequel is already 4.5 years in development. With Spider-Man 2 just released. I think early 2024 we will know the release date of DS2. It's the next major AAA game on line after SM2. I believe we will play it early summer.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

F-3kD2ibUAAHrRl.png

f6oddrfbwaacskc-jpg.png

F2x9K3fXEAAGzeL.png
Oh look, its you falsely claiming that Death Stranding will be out again. Also maybe Wolverine.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I think they are wrong if they think Death Stranding will take more time. The first game started from absolute scratch and took less than 4 years. The sequel is already 4.5 years in development. With Spider-Man 2 just released. I think early 2024 we will know the release date of DS2. It's the next major AAA game on line after SM2. I believe we will play it early summer.
I agree with you, I think we'll see something at TGA or at least I hope we do.
Oh look, its you falsely claiming that Death Stranding will be out again. Also maybe Wolverine.
False claim? Did you read the 2nd sentence of my post? 😂

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

F-3kD2ibUAAHrRl.png

f6oddrfbwaacskc-jpg.png

F2x9K3fXEAAGzeL.png
OP literally made a thread celebrating these same games. Same picture and everything. I blame all the FUD about Sony since the TLOU remastered announcement. It poisoned the conversation and made fans turn on Sony. You guys are too soft.

Thread '2024 will be a monster year for PS5' https://icon-era.com/threads/2024-will-be-a-monster-year-for-ps5.6014/

• haha

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
@Box whats going on here? are you trolling or did you really fall for the propaganda? 😂

This thread is about games from Sony studios, Silent Hill 2 and FF7 remake part 2 is third party for example.

Where is Asobi,Studio bend,Studio Cambridge,London studio and the other studios Sony has?

They have been MIA for years now.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This thread is about games from Sony studios, Silent Hill 2 and FF7 remake part 2 is third party for example.

Where is Asobi,Studio bend,Studio Cambridge,London studio and the other studios Sony has?

The year is so stacked already. Do you want them to release one after the other every week so they all flop?

Also since your thread was made there were many more new announcements like Pacific Drive, Suicide Squad, Dragons Dogma. We didn't know about TLOU2 at the time so that's another one.

How many games do you want seriously? They're all cannibalizing each other already.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

oh ok you should've clarified 1st party. AAA games these days take 4+ years to develop.

In the last 4 years Santa Monica, Guerilla, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Polyphony and Insomniac have all released GOTY worthy AAA games.

Bend was temporarily made to be a support studio after Days Gone failed to meet expectations, so even though Days Gone is over 4 years old, they didn't start development of their new game until recently. Asobi is growing fast...they released Astros Playroom in 2020 which was short but we should hear from them soon.

Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, are both working on new IP as well as sequels. Guerilla and Sucker Punch have Horizon 3 and Ghost of Tsushima 2 confirmed to be in development and are 2025/2026. And Insomniac has a lot (as usual). Bend and Bluepoint have new IP in development.

These will all be GOTY calibre games you can't rush, you just have to be patient....there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd party games to hold you over.

We'll have a 1st party game for 2024 announced in the coming months.

Reactions: Box

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sidenote - Jim/Hermen also threw a wrench into a few studios plans with their horrid Bungie acquisition, pushing GAAS, and wasting time on PC ports that flop. If PlayStation had better leadership, we would have a clearer idea of what's coming and when.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Box

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
You just wait for that Bloodborne remaster and sequel to be announced.

Something big is coming.

Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

I wouldn't mind a Bloodborne remaster, but would rather not have a remake. The art style of Bloodborne is one of my favourite things about it.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
oh ok you should've clarified 1st party. AAA games these days take 4+ years to develop.

In the last 4 years Santa Monica, Guerilla, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Polyphony and Insomniac have all released GOTY worthy AAA games.

Bend was temporarily made to be a support studio after Days Gone failed to meet expectations, so even though Days Gone is over 4 years old, they didn't start development of their new game until recently. Asobi is growing fast...they released Astros Playroom in 2020 which was short but we should hear from them soon.

Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, are both working on new IP as well as sequels. Guerilla and Sucker Punch have Horizon 3 and Ghost of Tsushima 2 confirmed to be in development and are 2025/2026. And Insomniac has a lot (as usual). Bend and Bluepoint have new IP in development.

These will all be GOTY calibre games you can't rush, you just have to be patient....there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd party games to hold you over.

We'll have a 1st party game for 2024 announced in the coming months.

Is it too much to ask for a trailer or an update? Why can't thry communicate like they used to.

What is this year's of silence

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Is it too much to ask for a trailer or an update? Why can't thry communicate like they used to.

What is this year's of silence
I agree, I don’t mind getting a trailer 2-3 years ahead of time but for some reason people have started to frown upon that.