Sony Launches Investigation After Ransomware Group Claims to Have Breached Company’s Systems

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

In a statement issued to IGN, Sony said: “We are currently investigating the situation, and we have no further comment at this time.”

The news rekindles memories of the costly PlayStation Network hack of 2011, which saw the personal details of 77 million accounts accessed. PSN ended up offline for nearly a month, disrupting game launches and customer services.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I get the feeling that this is going to end up being a nothingburger. Created more bad headlines for PlayStation though, which may have been the goal anyway.
Well the only thing this proves is no security is full proof. So they can't really give Ps grief because of it, and it's not like they're shrugging their shoulders saying there is nothing that can be done about it.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Didnt one of the hackers come out and say this is a nothing burger basically?

24 Jun 2022
Very suspicious timing on this, just after the Microsoft/ Xbox leaks. I don't think or know if such a company would be reckless enough to engage with such tactics...

But some unhinged fans of theirs certainly could.

At this point I'm praying Sony uncover evidence that can link the hack directly to Microsoft corporate. Kill off Xbox's fake "pro-consumer", "pity us we're the underdog in 3rd place" image once and for all.

Like you and others have said, the timing is extremely suspect.