Sony reverses position & will no longer require PSN account linking for Helldivers 2. Must take the right lessons from this fiasco.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
btw i would like to remind some folks in this thread that Helldivers is a PlayStation game, a PlayStation IP, not a Steam game, without PlayStation this game would not even exist, when you play it on Steam, you’re playing a PlayStation game on it, i know it’s obvious but it’s always nice to remember in case it’s not clear

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I hope Sony cancel all future PC ports, seriously Fuck these entitled manchildren on Steam
bring old Sony back men, if they do PC ports lock in to the fucking PlayStation launcher and DRM this shit to the ground, these pc folks hate Sony, it won’t change anything

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Lesson 1: Don't release games on PC and ps5 at the same time. Make them work on ps5 properly first then port them later if you have to.

Helldivers has NEVER been in a good spot where everything works as it should and a huge part of that is an effectively infinite minefield and shitshow that is PC hardware. Playstation players lost out because the game was on PC day one as well with it eating up a huge amount of the studio's resources fighing cheats and squashing bugs, only for the cheat tools to get patched within minutes every time and yet more bugs springing up left and right. Now they're in the position of having a grumpy fuck segment of the player-base wielding torches and pitchforks, tarnishing the name of the game with their mob mentality and still have PC tools allowing players there to cheat and do "impossible" stuff, ruining the game for everyone else. Every time they add shit to the game other stuff breaks or isn't working as intended.

So how far down the list is the ps5 player's experience for this Playstation game in this current shit show? Who's going to be the priority here? Take a big fucking guess - the pricks who shout loudest.

Sony: make one game with one target spec - ps5 - then make that shit work on the generic box machines later, if ever.

PC gamers are PCMR fat basement dwellers who just pirate games and never pay their power bills.
If You Say So Reaction GIF

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
btw i would like to remind some folks in this thread that Helldivers is a PlayStation game, a PlayStation IP, not a Steam game, without PlayStation this game would not even exist, when you play it on Steam, you’re playing a PlayStation game on it, i know it’s obvious but it’s always nice to remember in case it’s not clear
Absofuckinglutely.

Reactions: Etifilio

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I hope Sony cancel all future PC ports, seriously Fuck these entitled manchildren on Steam

Honestly I am disbelief at how immature many PC gamers have become.

Wasn’t like this 25 years ago. The most mature audience out there.

It’s the era of social media/influencers and herd mentality I guess.

Reactions: Box

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
All popular shitstained populist influencers without their own brain are already raining down on sony for that.
There is no coming back. even if Sony apologized now and removed the psn requirement, All the idiots who changed their review to negative WILL NOT change it to positive. These are all people who would not write a positive review if they like something but only negative if they don't like.
Asmongold and piratesoftware, 2 of the biggest chat bootlickers. They are popular because they are covering all dramas and always say thing that people want to hear and present it as some unsp[oken truth. I am so tired of these fucking guys. Piratesoftware at least is a skilled dev but they are both at fault for getting all in on the drama train without the context. They both don't know who that community manager talked to and they don't know the psn requirement was there from day1 in steam system requirements. It's an online only game ffs. PSN account got many uses for that.

So no matter what sony does, there is no reversing from this situation. Brainless influencers and their cohorts already did their thing... over a psn account.
How dare sony wanting to make more money by incentivizing people to get psn account and coast their into psn ecosystem and maybe later console.

Anyway - Sony should stand their ground. say fuck to all the haters and keep going. any reversal action will make them look weak, undecisive and will not fix it with these boycotting idiots.

Every single game released this year was boycotted because of the drama seekers.
The people complaining are not fans of the game but parasites.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
All popular shitstained populist influencers without their own brain are already raining down on sony for that.
There is no coming back. even if Sony apologized now and removed the psn requirement, All the idiots who changed their review to negative WILL NOT change it to positive. These are all people who would not write a positive review if they like something but only negative if they don't like.
Asmongold and piratesoftware, 2 of the biggest chat bootlickers. They are popular because they are covering all dramas and always say thing that people want to hear and present it as some unsp[oken truth. I am so tired of these fucking guys. Piratesoftware at least is a skilled dev but they are both at fault for getting all in on the drama train without the context. They both don't know who that community manager talked to and they don't know the psn requirement was there from day1 in steam system requirements. It's an online only game ffs. PSN account got many uses for that.

So no matter what sony does, there is no reversing from this situation. Brainless influencers and their cohorts already did their thing... over a psn account.
How dare sony wanting to make more money by incentivizing people to get psn account and coast their into psn ecosystem and maybe later console.

Anyway - Sony should stand their ground. say fuck to all the haters and keep going. any reversal action will make them look weak, undecisive and will not fix it with these boycotting idiots.

Every single game released this year was boycotted because of the drama seekers.
The people complaining are not fans of the game but parasites.
Yeah, 60,000+ negative reviews in the last 2 days. If they reversed course, they'll be lucky to get 10% of those negative reviews back to positive reviews....

And they're already taking it out on Ghost of Tsushima, check the community discussions. All of the sheep are saying the same crap, that they removed it from wishlist, cancelled pre-orders, and added it to their ignore list 🤦‍♂️ The game was already gonna flop regardless, but I wonder how it will do now.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yeah, 60,000+ negative reviews in the last 2 days. If they reversed course, they'll be lucky to get 10% of those negative reviews back to positive reviews....

And they're already taking it out on Ghost of Tsushima, check the community discussions. All of the sheep are saying the same crap, that they removed it from wishlist, cancelled pre-orders, and added it to their ignore list 🤦‍♂️ The game was already gonna flop regardless, but I wonder how it will do now.

Yeah it's insane.
These sony games are cheaper on pc than original console and they don't have to pay for psn online.... and complain the most.
On top of that, sony earns less money on them because steam takes a cut.
It's so not worth it. All off that bad press, negativity and drama to destroy your exclusives console library that has potential to pull in customers.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yeah it's insane.
These sony games are cheaper on pc than original console and they don't have to pay for psn online.... and complain the most.
On top of that, sony earns less money on them because steam takes a cut.
It's so not worth it. All off that bad press, negativity and drama to destroy your exclusives console library that has potential to pull in customers.
Brainless, disingenuous people will say the "free extra profit" is worth it, when the PSN brings in PCs yearly revenue in 1 week 😂

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
But not enforced so it was fucking useless.

It wasn't useless. I've said in other thread, PC gamers CLEARLY ignored what has been said. Sony launcher was sooo obvious for a long time and they've ignored it completely. That's their problem. Given that it was clearly written at the start that the game would require a PSN account, the people could check based on that and buy or not buy the game... people DON'T READ what is written on Steam and then get surprised when "complications" occur. How transparent from PC gamers

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
It wasn't useless. I've said in other thread, PC gamers CLEARLY ignored what has been said. Sony launcher was sooo obvious for a long time and they've ignored it completely. That's their problem. Given that it was clearly written at the start that the game would require a PSN account, the people could check based on that and buy or not buy the game... people DON'T READ what is written on Steam and then get surprised when "complications" occur. How transparent from PC gamers
How transparent from Sony to sell you a game that requires PSN in countries where they don't officially support PSN.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
bring old Sony back men, if they do PC ports lock in to the fucking PlayStation launcher and DRM this shit to the ground, these pc folks hate Sony, it won’t change anything
Even putting their games exclusively on their own launcher is stupid, the money for PlayStation is not in 1st party game sales. That's like 1% of their revenue, if that. 99% of the money they make comes from being a platform holder. Which makes all of this 100x dumber, it's crazy that they forgot that. The PC initiative hasn't made a dent at all in their financials, but it creates infinite negative press.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
How transparent from Sony to sell you a game that requires PSN in countries where they don't officially support PSN.
you heard it first here boys, Sony bought Steam.

and people say Sony don't invest in gaming, here you go, Sony own Steam.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
you heard it first here boys, Sony bought Steam.

and people say Sony don't invest in gaming, here you go, Sony own Steam.
Are you stupid? Or pretending?

They can control in which region the game is sold on Steam. Steam supports that.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
Honestly I am disbelief at how immature many PC gamers have become.

Wasn’t like this 25 years ago. The most mature audience out there.

It’s the era of social media/influencers and herd mentality I guess.

Based on this forum, Playstation folks are also extremely immature, where they insult people like Mat and Daniel just because everything is not beautiful over at Playstation.

Matt says something that is not entirely positive about Playstation? Let's call him Pigscatella!

The only lesson Sony needs to do is…

Remove their games from Steam and release only in their own PC Store front.

A PC storefront that no doubt will feel it's hold together with ducktape. That will make their games sell.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Based on this forum, Playstation folks are also extremely immature, where they insult people like Mat and Daniel just because everything is not beautiful over at Playstation.

Matt says something that is not entirely positive about Playstation? Let's call him Pigscatella!

A PC storefront that no doubt will feel it's hold together with ducktape. That will make their games sell.
You think the makers of one of the biggest and one of the most used digital gaming store front would make a bad PC store? Fuck, man, Steam fanboys are weird and obnoxious.