Sony sure is on a roll this last couple of months, huh?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sorry, i can’t ignore the streak sony/playstation is on right now, its like they’re just knocking it out the park.

• Monumental holiday sales, God of war Broke all kinds of records selling 11 million copies in two months
  • Finally sorted out stock issues now PS5 is pretty much topping the charts in every region
  • Launched new VR hardware to a lot of praise, with two first party exclusives (CoTM, GT7) with more to come (firewall)
  • Great comeback for PS Plus premium, giving us wild arms 2 and Legend of The Dragoon, essential and premium continue to be great, Tchia free on premium next month
  • The Last of Us became the biggest show on cable tv
  • Destiny Lightfall launch first official expansion from Bungie under Playstation, broke records, number one on steam
  • Secured the console launch for Baldurs Gate 3 and showed off a killer preview for Final Fantasy 16 in the past week
I might be forgetting some things but it seems like the year has been off to a great start and we will got rumors of a showcase within the next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As I said earlier, Jim is a visionary. I know it's frustrating for us because Sony is always so silent but we really are 10 steps behind.

This gen is all coming together beautifully. The best VR headset on the market, biggest TV show on earth, Best subscription service with the most subscribers, Destiny is bigger than ever. They know what they are doing with all these moves.

Xbox is a carcass

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Sorry, i can’t ignore the streak sony/playstation is on right now, its like they’re just knocking it out the park.

• Monumental holiday sales, God of war Broke all kinds of records selling 11 million copies in two months
  • Finally sorted out stock issues now PS5 is pretty much topping the charts in every region
  • Launched new VR hardware to a lot of praise, with two first party exclusives (CoTM, GT7) with more to come (firewall)
  • Great comeback for PS Plus premium, giving us wild arms 2 and Legend of The Dragoon, essential and premium continue to be great, Tchia free on premium next month
  • Destiny Lightfall launch first official expansion from Bungie under Playstation, broke records, number one on steam
  • Secured the console launch for Baldurs Gate 3 and showed off a killer preview for Final Fantasy 16 in the past week
I might be forgetting some things but it seems like the year has been off to a great start and we will got rumors of a showcase within the next couple of months.
I agree. I feel that Sony dont get enough credit when it comes to their accomplishments and what they provide their consumers. We hear and see the gaming media always looking for something negative or we always see someone always talk about the "Arrogant or Complacent" Sony is back.

Those bullet points is quite an accomplishment and here's to more in the future

Last edited:
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I agree. I feel that Sony dont get enough credit when it comes to their accomplishments and what they provide their consumers. We here the gaming media always looking for something negative or we always see someone always talk about the "Arrogant or Complacent" Sony is back.

Those bullet points is quite an accomplishment and here's to more in the future

You can’t even state the obvious in other places without getting modded or piled on, its nuts lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, and this month they'll release RE4R, with PSVR2 support and no XBO version (but PS4 version). The combo will continue, they'll have a great 2023 year with a big finale thanks to games like Spider-Man 2 and FFVIIR Ep2.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Game Pass has a better roll
The roll left the building
toilet paper help GIF

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
They are on fire which is crazy especially when you see how badly Xbox is doing right now. It’s not a coincidence that Sony’s incredible record breaking success in the past few months is coinciding with Xbox doing terrible. Sony did their homework and planned well for PS5’s success during the shortages while Phil was busy doing interviews and coasting on the “rubber stamped deal” that was the ABK purchase. Like all things, the shortages came to an end and all the preparation and getting games and software ready to take advantage of new PS5 shipments paid off big time for Sony.

Xbox is so poorly mismanaged that they couldn’t strike at Sony while Sony was subdued by the shortages. Phil has no one to blame for this failure than himself. It’s so hilarious the gaming media is in love with him and love to shit on Jim Ryan but Jim Ryan is way better at his job than Phil is at his own job.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Xbox is so poorly mismanaged that they couldn’t strike at Sony while Sony was subdued by the shortages. Phil has no one to blame for this failure than himself. It’s so hilarious the gaming media is in love with him and love to shit on Jim Ryan but Jim Ryan is way better at his job than Phil is at his own job.
How many awards can someone get for failing so much? The Xbox division is not doing particularly well and they're already falling behind the X1 gen (which was also down from X360).

They're too busy hating on Jim Ryan to notice.

You can’t even state the obvious in other places without getting modded or piled on, its nuts lol
You would think gaming boards and the media would celebrate how healthy the video game industry is because of Sony but no, instead they root for MS to take over and they want Sony to go down.

I will never understand that. The PS5 reddit might be the only other place but I don't visit it much.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This is what people who cry about $70 games don't understand. All of this success you're seeing now takes M O N E Y. To have and keep the top industry talents is not cheap. The people who are capable of making such amazing looking and running games are not college compsci grads that you hire for $80k a year. Or if they are, they won't be only making that much for long.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Dualsense Edge also praised.