Sony to hold a "Amplifying Multiplayer Experiences" talk at GDC –devs can learn to amplify multiplayer gaming on PlayStation, including cross-platform

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
gonna be a bunch of boring technical stuff.
My suspicion is it actually won't be and will instead be general team principles like "plan out the monetization years in advance", "have a big enough team to have regular content" and "make a game that can scale to community use."

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My suspicion is it actually won't be and will instead be general team principles like "plan out the monetization years in advance", "have a big enough team to have regular content" and "make a game that can scale to community use."
There's no need to have a senior technical engineer to give that kind of talk.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Here's the official description of the presentation.

As online multiplayer gaming continues to grow, PlayStation has been listening to our partners in the development community and in this session we will take a look at some of the technical details of how games can use some of our platform functionality to amplify multiplayer gaming on PlayStation, including cross-platform experiences.

Takeaway​

Developers will learn best practices and technical details for how to use platform functionality in our SDK to more effectively support multiplayer experiences

Intended Audience​

Programmers or designers who are working on online multiplayer games

• Informative
Reactions: Zzero

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
gonna be a bunch of boring technical stuff.
It's a GDC talk, so yes. This is a talk to teach developers the implementation of online multiplayer on PlayStation.

It isn't a talk about monetization, it's a talk about the implementation of online multiplayer on PS.

Factions better blown minds.
It isn't a talk to show their own games, it's a talk to explain 3rd party devs -I assume mostly newbies- how online multiplayer is implemented on PS: how to use their software development kits, libraries and so on to access things like friend lists, invitations, matchmaking, crossplay, online leaderboards, etc. and related best practices.

Last edited: