Sony won't be at Gamescom

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not too shocking that they’re skipping it. Gamescom is hit and miss.

But when 98% of the games shown are going to be on PS5 there will still be reason to pay some attention to it.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
View attachment 1558

A lot of this FUD being spread now about PS not having any single player games on the way....

Glad to see some are shutting it down.
Of all those games listed only one is made by an internal studio (Insomniac a studio Sony bought just a few years ago and that released most of their single player games this gen).

One of those games is by Team Bloober and another by a Korean studio that as far as I know never even released a game.

Something sure ain't right, where are all the games made by internal first party studios?

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Of all those games listed only one is made by an internal studio (Insomniac a studio Sony bought just a few years ago and that released most of their single player games this gen).

One of those games is by Team Bloober and another by a Korean studio that as far as I know never even released a game.

Something sure ain't right, where are all the games made by internal first party studios?
Imagine if they haven't acquired Insomniac. It would've been a disaster

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Imagine if they haven't acquired Insomniac. It would've been a disaster
Exactly. Even stuff like Deathloop and Gosthwire being locked as temporary exclusive ended up being very beneficial to Sony (both of those would've been Xbox exclusives and never released on PlayStation otherwise).

Now that we know that most of the studios Sony acquired were about GaaS and PC ports it does look like they just don't have much going on internally now that games take 5 years to be made. Imnsoniac was also something that was done by Shawn Layden so the current leadership can't take credit for it.

Also, Bluepoint, Housemarque and Insomniac all already worked with Sony so it's not like much changed from that.

Firesprite, Firewalk, Haven, Nixxies, Savage. These are the actual new studios from the Jimbo/Hermen era and they inspire zero confidence.

Manchester Studio, Japan Studio and Pixelopus closed. Media Molecule in shambles and Factions/Naughty Dog in development hell.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Sony barely had first party output worth a shit before ps4 and now the third party support doesn’t matter I guess.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Sad this place is becoming trashera.

FUD and over exaggerating everything. All because of one damn show. Get over yourselves already. Damn.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony barely had first party output worth a shit before ps4 and now the third party support doesn’t matter I guess.
Not surprised since they haven't nothing in their pipeline
What happened in this forum, constantly spamming any Sony related thread with nonsensical lies and FUD?

It's clear Sony has a lot of great games coming, we just saw some of them yesterday looking great, both multi and exclusive. We saw more in the Sony showcase and there are even more because these showcases would need to be like 5 hours long to show all they already had announced before like Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade and so on.

And obviously have even more to show in future events of this and future years like Cory's new IP, the next Team Asobi game, Ghost of Tsushima 2 and so on.

I mean, last year they released Gran Turismo 7, GoWR, Horizon Forbidden West or TLOUP1 and we just got PSVR2, Street Fighter 6 and Diablo IV, and stuff like Final Fantasy XVI is almost here.

C'mon folks, don't be ridiculous and please stop acting as if you aren't able to notice reality.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Why do you guys spam any Sony related thread with nonsensical lies and FUD?

It's clear Sony has a lot of great games coming, we just saw some of them yesterday looking great. We saw more in the Sony showcase and there are even more because these showcases would need to be 10 hours long to show all they already had announced before like Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade and so on.

And obviously have even more to show in future events of this and future years like Cory's new IP, the next Team Asobi game, Ghost of Tsushima 2 and so on.

How is what I said an issue? PS was built on strong third party support. It still has that. First party output is of better quality in these last two gens than it ever has been. Only thing I don’t have faith in from them is Vr. I expect them to keep putting their name on great games of many varieties.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Spoke like someone who never had a PS3.

Even on the PS2 Sony still had plenty going on coming from their internal studios like Shadow of The Colossus, Ico, God of War and Jak and Daxter.

What happened in this forum, constantly spamming any Sony related thread with nonsensical lies and FUD?

It's clear Sony has a lot of great games coming, we just saw some of them yesterday looking great, both multi and exclusive. We saw more in the Sony showcase and there are even more because these showcases would need to be like 5 hours long to show all they already had announced before like Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade and so on.

I mean, last year they released Gran Turismo 7, GoWR, Horizon Forbidden West or TLOUP1 and we just got PSVR2, Street Fighter 6 and Diablo IV, and stuff like Final Fantasy XVI is almost here.

C'mon folks, don't be ridiculous and please stop acting as if you aren't able to notice reality.

What happened is Sony turning their backs on their core audience and not everyone being a fanboy like you that can't conceive of Sony ever making a mistake.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Spoke like someone who never had a PS3.

I tend to just ignore your nonsense. But no I’ve had a ps3 I just didn’t give a shit about uncharted. The gunplay and movement was shit.

I was playing street fighter.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I tend to just ignore your nonsense. But no I’ve had a ps3 I just didn’t give a shit about uncharted. The gunplay and movement was shit.

I was playing street fighter.
All Sony had was Uncharted and you were playing only Street Fighter for 8 years? Cool, shows how much you know.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

SONY IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Am I doing this right?

Seriously, this likely means that they’re building up for Tokyo Games Show to boost things in Japan.
Oh yea, Sony really big on showing up for TGS. :ROFLMAO: You guys are delusional, all so you won't have to face what is right in front of you.

Bought exclusives and 1 or 2 internal games every year (half of them Marvel games from Insomniac), that's all you'll get from Sony.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I suppose it all comes down to Spiderman, if they don't have a demo then there is no reason to be there.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
All Sony had was Uncharted and you were playing only Street Fighter for 8 years? Cool, shows how much you know.

More likely than not better than you would. PS4 was the overall turnaround for first party output for their consoles.

PS3 was a fantastic console. The idea that only first party games matter is a load of shit when PlayStation has historically been absolutely carried by third parties.

And the overall quality of their first party content is better now than it has ever been. So no… I only see the ps5 continuing to rocket. Fanboy discourse is irrelevant when reality tells the true picture.

Reactions: VillaiN