Space Marine 2 Beta Test Canceled | Space Marine 2 Campaign Length at 12 Hours Long

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The developers behind Space Marine 2 have announced that a planned multiplayer beta has been canceled as the team wants to focus all of its attention on the retail game and its launch. And after the last few years, which saw many big games launch in rough shape.

“We know this is disappointing news for some of you,” said Saber Interactive in a Steam post on Friday. “As a thank you to those interested in participating, players who registered via the online signup before June 28, 2024, midnight Paris Time, will receive the limited Bolt Pistol skin..

Source

space-marine-2-image-2.jpg.webp

This was revealed by Saber Interactive, who also talks about the three main modes players will be able to dive into at launch.
  • In Campaign mode, lasting approximately 12 hours, you embody Lieutenant Titus, right after the events of the first opus. Titus fights alongside his Battle-Brothers Chairon and Gadriel against swarms of Tyranids and Chaos.
  • In Operations mode, you can either play with 2 mates or solo in endlessly replayable PvE action. Face swarms of Tyranids on 6 different maps to defend the Imperium.
  • Last but not least, in Eternal War, fight in heated 6v6 matches in 3 different classic game modes: Annihilation, Seize Ground and Capture & Control).
Source

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Wut. Isn’t this a major selling point to the game too? Sounds like they should just delay the whole thing.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Oh oh its not looking good granted the multiplayer is not as important as getting the co-op campaign to run perfectly but in the name of the God Emperor they better get the game to run well

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
want to concentrate on quality, proceed to cancel a beta, which tests the game, and helps to make a better quality game .

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
want to concentrate on quality, proceed to cancel a beta, which tests the game, and helps to make a better quality game .
Lets be real, most "public betas" are actually demo versions that advertise the game. To me this hints that they just aren't ready and that the final product probably isn't going to be something you want to demo.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Uh oh, this is not the type of thing you want to hear about a game coming out in 2 months.

Wut. Isn’t this a major selling point to the game too? Sounds like they should just delay the whole thing.

They already delayed the game from 2023 and the current date is September.
Probably don't want to add another delay to Q1 2024.

Lets be real, most "public betas" are actually demo versions that advertise the game. To me this hints that they just aren't ready and that the final product probably isn't going to be something you want to demo.

It's weird how these companies over the last 10 years have completely changed what these words mean.
I laugh everytime I see Call of Duty with say something like this:
Here's our Alpha test(2 months from launch)
Hey, here's our Beta test(2 weeks from launch)

Meanwhile in the real world both the Alpha test and Beta test are really just network tests at a different scale.

jwardhany

29 Jun 2024
New Jersey
Disappointed to hear about the beta cancellation, but looking forward to the full game's launch! Hoping for an amazing experience when it's finally released.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Super hyped for the story campaign and knowing that Operations Mode can be played solo, that's enough for me. Game looks great and if it plays as great as it looks, I will be very pleased.