- The ultimate sandbox

Looks like Sony GAAS.

1BP1xXH.png

yB2fluT.png

IRSECsv.png

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I love the premise of just teaming up with other Spiders in co-op to enter different worlds and fight bosses, etc. It a perfect fit for the IP. Even better if we get to customize our own spider-man.

Reactions: Kokoloko

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Looks good. My guess is that just like Factions they are going to cancel it since it doesn't meet the high standards set by the like of Fairgame$.
Hey don’t insult fairgame$. It looks like a good self contained multiplayer experience. This and factions are massive projects and require a huge teams for support. Fairgame$ isn’t as ambitious and it looks like it will launch small and grow depending if it meets early success metrics.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Hey don’t insult fairgame$. It looks like a good self contained multiplayer experience. This and factions are massive projects and require a huge teams for support. Fairgame$ isn’t as ambitious and it looks like it will launch small and grow depending if it meets early success metrics.
I'll insult it as much as I want, it looks like the typical generic uninspired GaaS that will go nowhere just like Hyenas and so many others, made by a studio that never made a game before and that announces a GaaS without showing gameplay. Extremely low chance of it being any good.

Haven has over 100 employees and has been working on this game for years, I don't know where you are getting that it's a small project, maybe you are getting that feeling by how awful it looks already.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I'll insult it as much as I want, it looks like the typical generic uninspired GaaS that will go nowhere just like Hyenas and so many others, made by a studio that never made a game before and that announces a GaaS without showing gameplay. Extremely low chance of it being any good.

Haven has over 100 employees and has been working on this game for years, I don't know where you are getting that it's a small project, maybe you are getting that feeling by how awful it looks already.
Game has only been in development for 2 years. Lol

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Fairgame$ is going to make Pay Day 3 look like a success. If you can't tell it by what they've shown so far you just have poor instincts.

• they're_right_you_know

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
The idea and concept sound pretty cool. But I am guessing this got cancelled since its not on their roadmap

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

It has zero interest from me.
Id much rather Spiderman online, Factions then Fairgame. Sony should of taken that money and invested in those projects while also investing in the single player side of the studios.
If they wanted to invest in Gaas, it should of been an add on for the studios, not taking from what the studios already had

Reactions: Umar and Nhomnhom

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Super hero GaaS makes no friggin sense man.

What? Are we gonna do forearm gear for the hulk again? It can’t work. You are limited in game design too. It’ll never work with capeshit.

Another example… cyberpunks clothing having any stats at all. lol beanie armor … terrible loot

You can’t just make a game and sell cosmetics. You actually need content and a chase.

It’s not compatible. Hopefully they scrapped this. Why do you think suicide squad is all guns?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Game has only been in development for 2 years. Lol
And they created record breaking new IPs such as Assassin's Creed, Watchdogs or The Division, and worked in a lot of top performing AAA games like Rainbow Six Siege, series like Far Cry or Splinter Cell and so on.

Plus their studio head is probably the most experienced and successful one creating and leading new AAA teams who quickly scale and are able to work in several AAA games at the same time.

Looks like Sony GAAS.
Yes, seems to be the Insomniac MP game they mentioned in some job offer. I wonder if this is Spider-Man 3 or if they cancelled it.

What? Are we gonna do forearm gear for the hulk again? It can’t work. You are limited in game design too. It’ll never work with capeshit.

Another example… cyberpunks clothing having any stats at all. lol beanie armor … terrible loot

You can’t just make a game and sell cosmetics. You actually need content and a chase.

It’s not compatible. Hopefully they scrapped this. Why do you think suicide squad is all guns?
There are a gazillion Spider-Man universes, characters, adaptations, spinoffs, ages etc. There's a lot of potential content for cosmetics, enemies, missions or settings to be added in new seasons/season passes as post launch content.

I can totally see a Spider-Man version of GTA Online, it can perfectly work. But I also see that it would require an insane amount of resources and manpower, way more than the usual Insomniac one. If this is Spider-Man 3, it would explain why its budget skyrocketed, and if not it would explain why they turned down this pitch.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Fairgame$ is going to make Pay Day 3 look like a success. If you can't tell it by what they've shown so far you just have poor instincts.
everything in the cgi trailer looks more stylized, cooler, and more tactical than The Finals, which seems to be catching on.

i'm going with playstation on this one until proven otherwise

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

DC universe was around forever.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Haven didn’t exist before 2021 and even after they were for they were like 16 ppl working out of their homes with no central office. That were alrdy 65 ppl when ps bought them. For most of the 3 yrs the studio has existed they were sub 100 ppl compare to the nearly 400 firewalk has on concord yeah fairgame$ is a relatively small project. They have a few dozen ppl more than arrow head lets not pretend haven is a huge studio with massive resources.