Spider-man, Wolverine, Blade - Who would you like to see next?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So we have had games / announcements for Spider-man, Wolverine and a Blade game so far. Out of all the Marvel or wider comics characters, who would you like to see get their own videogame?

This can be Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, 2000AD or others.

If you mention a character, try to explain why they would fit a videogame well and what mechanics you'd like to see.

For example, Superman is a really popular character but making a game might be harder than a Punisher game etc.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So we have had games / announcements for Spider-man, Wolverine and a Blade game so far. Out of all the Marvel or wider comics characters, who would you like to see get their own videogame?

This can be Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, 2000AD or others.

If you mention a character, try to explain why they would fit a videogame well and what mechanics you'd like to see.

For example, Superman is a really popular character but making a game might be harder than a Punisher game etc.
Infinity Gauntlet the video game idc whose view it's from (maybe x-men view) but I want it! Punisher would be fire too.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Honestly, no one. We have more than enough with Batman, Spider-man and now Wolverine. Plenty of popular heroes are just not a good fit for video games unless in the hand of extremely talented and creative teams.

I guess maybe a good modern AAA adult take on TMNT or X-men would be cool.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Honestly, no one. We have more than enough with Batman, Spider-man and now Wolverine. Plenty of popular heroes are just not a good fit for video games unless in the hand of extremely talented and creative teams.

I guess maybe a good modern AAA adult take on TMNT or X-men would be cool.

Oh, isn't Ronin coming.... where you're the last Turtle left?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd like to have a proper AAA wide linear narrative adventure Akira adaptation, with an artstyle that perfectly mimics the movie (imagine a mixture of cyberpunk 2077 and Dragon Ball FighterZ anime fidelity cel shading).

Same goes with Ghost in the Shell, but this time action adventure, maybe open world, with an artstyle closer to the manga than to the movie. It's a perfect match for videogames. There was a pretty bad PS1 adaptation, but its CG intro captured pretty well how nowadays could look in real time (I'd obviously add non-Fuchikoma parts):

Regarding Marvel, after Wolverine (and maybe a Wolverine sequel or two) I'd make an X-Men game, by Insomniac too (I'd grow Insomniac to allow them work in 5-6 games at the same time instead of their current 3-4).

Druckman says he'd love to make a The Punisher game. A The Punisher ND game would be awesome if they keep the woke stuff aside.

I'd love to have a TMNT game made by some top tier Sony or Capcom game.

Bandai Namco has the Dragon Ball rights so won't happen unless Sony buys them, but I'd also love to see a Dragon Ball (first series, not Z/Super/GT/etc) wide linear narrative action game by some top tier Sony or Capcom studio.

• they're_right_you_know
  • brain
Reactions: Diah and Bryank75

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Deadpool, he’s hilarious, the best anti hero, and his powers fit perfectly into a video game. Unlike a lot of other characters, he’s not OP or overly gimmicky. He can fight with hands and use both guns and swords. He’s just an all around well designed character.

• brain
  • fire
Reactions: Diah and Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The obvious option is Captain America because it is the most popular one.

Thor could be a good choice if you want something like GoW.

And why not Dream? But I think it is too adult curl to have a game… that should be very different and maybe a challenge to developer create a game based in Dream.
I mean why not give what considered one of the best Marvel comics a chance?

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Enjoying reading the ideas so far!

He's not a Marvel character obviously (and I think I posted about it before) but I would love to see a Judge Dredd game, I believe Rebellion owns the rights and the publication now.

judge restore GIF

Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Oh, isn't Ronin coming.... where you're the last Turtle left?
Is that studio good tho? I knew the game existed but didn't put too much faith in it since I don't know that studio.

Black Forest Games, the source material seems like it was well chosen the question is if the dev can do something special with it.

D

Deleted member 223

All 3. I hope Blade isn't cartoony or overly stylized. I know that's Arkane Lyon's forte but it would be nice to get Blade akin Akrham/Spider-man and soon Wolverine (which we got leaks confirming it's "realistic").

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is that studio good tho? I knew the game existed but didn't put too much faith in it since I don't know that studio.

Black Forest Games, the source material seems like it was well chosen the question is if the dev can do something special with it.
I have absolutely no idea tbh. I'd have preferred someone like Team Ninja to do it.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
All 3. I hope Blade isn't cartoony or overly stylized. I know that's Arkane Lyon's forte but it would be nice to get Blade akin Akrham/Spider-man and soon Wolverine (which we got leaks confirming it's "realistic").
Cartoony Blade makes no sense to me, gives Redfall/low budget vibes from the get go.

I would love a TMNT and Spider-man in the style of their recent animated movies tho.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Oh yeah, and BP too.

Other than Spiderman, and to a lesser extent Wolverine, I don't really have faith in these Marvel games to be huge sellers. The IP isn't that successful in gaming, lots of Marvel properties have underperformed recently, most notably Avengers, of course, but also Guardians.

• brain

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
X-Men it's literally a gold mine waiting to happen if executed properly.

If Playstation doesn't secure the rights for this, they dumb lol. They already have Spiderman and Wolverine... Both characters can fit In the same universe too.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I never know any superheroes except for Spiderman, Xman, Batman and Superman films in 2000s.

Hope we can get a Superman game. Flying, shooting lasers. Spiderman is just weak as hell