Splitgate 2 announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Splitgate-2-Ann_07-18-24-1024x576.jpg

Source
1047 Games has announced free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter Splitgate 2, a sequel to the 2021-released Splitgate. It will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store in 2025.

“The original Splitgate‘s development was ambitious but scrappy,” said 1047 Games co-founder and CEO Ian Proulx in a press release. “The game was created from a dorm room, and the massive success and community it earned surpassed our wildest dreams. This time around, Splitgate 2 has been designed from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5 to deliver the AAA first-person shooter experience our fans deserve, with the series’ signature action completely overhauled by an all-star team composed of the most talented individuals in the industry. This is a revolutionary step forward for comp

• fire
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
First one was fun for a few hours but goodness it was sweaty

Also looks like it went from Halo clone to Fornite clone lmfao

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Interesting but...does the art style ow look far more like Fortnite? I don't like everything looking like that.

solidsnake_1

17 Oct 2023
how the fuck they went from one of best shooters in splitgate1 to a woke generic hero shooter in 2 ?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Aren't you one of the people bigging up concord...
What does that have to do with my comment? I have also stated I'm not a fan of Concord's art style either.

I can dislike one aspect about something I enjoy for the most part. They aren't mutually exclusive. Now if I came in this thread saying "gaas woke slop game that will flop" you'd have a point. I'm not gonna come in here and start hating, but I can certainty point out the obvious shift in tone this has when compared to it's predecessor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
They released some in game screenshots and to be honest, it looks great!

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
This will flop harder then the Finals, I watch gameplay of the 1st game on YouTube yesterday and nah, this ain't it. They didn't show gameplay in this trailer for a reason. If you liked the Finals you might like this but definitely not for me.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This will flop harder then the Finals, I watch gameplay of the 1st game on YouTube yesterday and nah, this ain't it. They didn't show gameplay in this trailer for a reason. If you liked the Finals you might like this but definitely not for me.
Is the Finals a flop? I loved that game :mad:

Best pvp game this gen don't @ me

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Holy shit!!! It's another one. At least this one, they're intelligent enough to make it free to play.